Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ENUFSEDTOY
2010 TACOMA 4DR
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On My 2007 It Says I Can Shut The Air Bag Off On The Passenger Side But The Spot Under The Vent Has A Plate On It Where The Key Would Go To Turn It Off ,now My Friends 2006 Has The Key Slot There And Can Shut It Off .does Anyone Know Did They Do Away With That In 2007 But The Light Says I Can Shut It Off ?

·
Humble Servant
2012 DC PreRun Auto
1,158 Posts
You don't say whether your truck is a DC and maybe your buddy's is a reg or access cab.

The shutoff is primarily in case you have a small child in the front seat.
The mfrs generally recommend you put them in the back seat for safety. But, if you have a reg cab, there is no back seat, so the only option is a shut off switch. Most vehicles with a rear seat will not have the shutoff. I don't know about Access cabs -as to whether they would group them w/ the reg cab, or consider that a back seat. (If you can't put a baby seat back there, they would probably have the front passenger shut off available.)

·
Registered
2006 Silver Dbl Cab
647 Posts
The Access cab and regular cabs are the same in that they have a manual switch shut off. Sounds like you have a double cable where they are only off if the weight requirement is not met in the seat (I don't remember what that weight is).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yea, yours has a pressure switch in the seat. Without a passenger, the Passenger Airbag light should be illuminated to say "Off". With a passenger, it should say "On".

I wondered the same thing when I bought mine. "Where is the key that everyone else has?"

·
Theatre Nerd Person...yea
Tacoma
1,969 Posts
tetsuo166 said:
The Access cab and regular cabs are the same in that they have a manual switch shut off. Sounds like you have a double cable where they are only off if the weight requirement is not met in the seat (I don't remember what that weight is).
If I do remember correctly the weight is set to 60lbs

·
Precision driver
2,105 Posts
63 to be exact...that's what we calibrated them at for Delphi. I get the (dis)satisfaction of doing seat testing for the SDM units to work properly. 2 things I've learned doing testing on these, 1. Don't cinch down your car seats too tight, and 2. Don't have small children, or women under 100 lbs sit on the forward part of the seat. The bladders will sense more weight and trigger the switch to ON.

I thought that Toyota was brining the shut off switch to Double Cabs in 07?

·
Registered
Paseo/Tacoma
379 Posts
2005+
Regular/Access cab have switch for passenger airbag

2007+
Double cab have switch for side airbags (if equiped)

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
mhadden said:
63 to be exact...that's what we calibrated them at for Delphi. ....... 2 things I've learned doing testing on these, 1. Don't cinch down your car seats too tight, and 2. Don't have small children, or women under 100 lbs sit on the forward part of the seat. The bladders will sense more weight and trigger the switch to ON.
Mine frequently trips if I leave my 12# briefcase on the seat crooked. Just enough pressure in one spot to trip the switch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts