Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,

I have a 2007 camry LE with 20,000 miles and a 2009 camry LE with 7000 miles. Both camry I think is the same except the year model. I feel my 07 camry runs better and more responsive. Dont know why? From what I think the 09 should be better because its newer and have less mileage. Dont know the reason both are well maintained and break in procedure doen per manual . Any guess? Is it just me? maybe 09 faulty transmission?

·
2002 Camry
669 Posts
Hi to all,

I have a 2007 camry LE with 20,000 miles and a 2009 camry LE with 7000 miles. Both camry I think is the same except the year model. I feel my 07 camry runs better and more responsive. Dont know why? From what I think the 09 should be better because its newer and have less mileage. Dont know the reason both are well maintained and break in procedure doen per manual . Any guess? Is it just me? maybe 09 faulty transmission?
First of all, this is very subjective. One FEELS more responsive, not based on anything scientific. If the 2007 is more responsive, it might be, because sometimes it does take a car a few thousands miles before it is fully broken in. But most likely, it's just psychological.

My question to you, why the heck would you buy basically the same car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got my 2009 first then my dad gave me his 07 camry . He bought a hybrid highlander. Yeah i think its just me thinking that way.anyway thanks for the response.I will do some work on the 07 maybe install a body kit, lowering springs, nice rims etc... I will do a search.. thanks

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
it depends on how you drove both cars since new. if u drive more agressive with one and not the other then the computer learns that u like that kind of driving and adjust. if u run it to the ground from beginning then its very responsive. trust me i have had both a 07 and a 09 and i can vouch for the 09 being better.

also talk about a placibo( too late at night to figure out correct spelling) effect... my dad drives my car and he thinks mine is fast. i drive his and i think his is faster.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi to all,

I have an 07 and an 09 and can't tell a bit of difference. OK,... I'll ask the stupid question... do they both have the same engine ? Mine are both V6 models. If you have two 4s there could have been some changes to it.

·
2002 Camry
669 Posts
it depends on how you drove both cars since new. if u drive more agressive with one and not the other then the computer learns that u like that kind of driving and adjust. if u run it to the ground from beginning then its very responsive. trust me i have had both a 07 and a 09 and i can vouch for the 09 being better.

also talk about a placibo( too late at night to figure out correct spelling) effect... my dad drives my car and he thinks mine is fast. i drive his and i think his is faster.
Good point about the transmission "learning" your driving habits. That's probably the most likely reason.

·
2007 Camry SE V6
790 Posts
The transmission learns your driving habits, but is constantly relearning. This means that you may have been driving like grandma for 100 miles, but if you consistently drive faster for 5-10 miles, it should have relearned this new style. From what I can tell, this relearning process isn't anything incredibly dramatic. For the most part, it just adjusts shift points based on your driving style. It doesn't change fuel curves or anything.

I think the issue probably has more to do with the low mileage of the 2009 versus the 2007. Once you hit 15k+ miles, you should see some improvement in performance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts