Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2007 Avalon from a family member and need your advise on the VVTi oil line. The rubber part of the oil line burst in 2013 and the dealer replaced the hose. I read that there have been two different replacement lines because Toyota 2nd gen lines would also burst? How can I tell if I have the corrected oil line installed. Some of the posts say that there should be a yellow stripe on the rubber portion of the line. My hose has a yellow line on it so all should be good? Should i replace this with the all metal line?
I contacted the dealer and gave them my vin # and the only open recall was for the faulty floor mat. :|

·
Registered
'06 Avalon
1,611 Posts
As Mike pointed out - his replacement line was metal. From what I have been able to gather, some where metal; some were rubber...speaking figuratively. Rubber may not be the correct term, but it looks like rubber.

The VVT-i oil line on my '06 Avalon was replaced under warranty at 83K miles. The replacement hose was rubber. Dealer work order shows part # 04009-33131 Kit, Oil Hose, No. 1

The car now has 210K+ miles on it and all is well as far as the VVT-i oil line goes.

You can go to toyota.com - click on "owners" - upper right - setup account - uid/pswd - then setup a vehicle using the VIN. This way you can see for yourself what dealer services have been provided.

Reactions: rmike1991

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike I looked at the service invoice for the repair and the VVT-I hose part number that was installed was 15707-31030 "Pipe sub assy. oil".
Is this the correct part number? Also replaced was cover, timing chain 11322-31021,V Belt, and oil hose gaskets.

I purchased this car from a close relative and Toyota told him that the voluntary recall on the hose had expired and he had to pay for the parts and labor. He was never contacted about the the danger of the VVT line oil leak. A year later after trying to get compensated for the cost he was contacted by the dealer and they said that they extended the recall and he was finally reimbursed.

My concern is that the oil line might still be vulnerable to leakage. If the timing cover was replaced doesn't that require dropping the engine? Total labor came out to $440.00.

I might just go ahead and replace the line with an all metal one for piece of mind.

·
Registered
'06 Avalon
1,611 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.