Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone else has run into this problem. I have a 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid. Well, I drive alot and of course my warranty is up. I have put over 50,000 miles on it in just about two years.

About 5 months ago the automatic door lock on the front drive side quit working. I now have to manually lock and unlock the door...which isn't a big deal except that the only key I have is the one built into the receiver and it's a pain to have to take it out, unlock the car and put it back in each and every time I want to get into my car. I took it to the dealership a few months ago and was told it would cost $550 to fix. I figured that it could wait.

Now all of a sudden the same thing is happening to the front passenger side door lock!!

Needless to say, I am a bit frustrated and becoming a little disenchanted with Toyota (not just due to this but also because of the problems we are having with my wife's Sienna).

I used to drive a 1999 Toyota Camry LE and didn't have as many problems with that car in 8.5 years and almost 190K miles as I have had with this car in 2 years and 50K miles.

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It has now moved to the driver side back door. I guess it's only a matter of time until it affects the passenger side back door.

Has this not happened to anyone else???

·
Registered
05 Xb/87 Corolla GTS
13 Posts
It might be your body ECU that is starting to go out. Older cars use to have relays that controlled the doorlocks. Newer Toyotas have a body ECU, once the doorlocks start acting up, you may have to replace doorlock actuators and the body ECU. Same goes for the previous generation Camry. Can be pricey. By the way there is a new Service Campaign for the Highlander and Camry Hybrids. Electronic Steering concern.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2007 Toyota Camry SE has developed and intermittent electric door locking problem. When you try and lock the door from the outside with the key fob, it will intermittently either:
1. beep and lock/unlock all the door
2. beep and lock/unlock some of the door
3. not beep and lock/unlock the doors
4. not beep and lock/unlock some of the door
I have tried 2 different key fob with 3 different sets of batteries, same result.
The inside switch have the same problems (but without the beeping.
When I talked to the dealer, they suggested replacing the PCM/ECM and seeing if this took care of the problem
Does anyone one else have any suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts