Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Camry SE I4
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew a 20A fuse on my cigarette lighter adapter...too many connections through one adapter...i.e GPS, cell phone, bluetooth adapter for GPS & Sirius Satellite radio. I never had a problem until today for some reason.

Where the hell is the instrument panel fuse box located?? I looked in the engine compartment, but it is not the one I need. I am looking for fuse # 28 or 29.

Thanks in advance for your prompt response.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Do you have an Owners Manual?????

·
Registered
2012 Camry SE I4
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Njerald...it shows the illustration of the Instrument panel fuse box, but where exactly is it located in the car?? Please let me know ; thanks in advance

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Page 374 in my manual clearly shows it it is below the instrument panel on the left side of the car.

·
Registered
2012 Camry SE I4
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found it....had to bend way down...

I checked both fuses # 28 & 29 (both 20A fuses) ; they both looked "okay". I couldn't see that any one of them had shorted. My cig lighter power adapter is dead...any opinions??

·
Registered
2012 Camry SE I4
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
FOUND THE FREAKIN' PROBLEM...AAARGGHH..

> The main splitter that I had that split off to 2 places had shorted out. I have 2 others that split off 4 ways total. I thought I'd plug in just one connector, the cell phone adapter and it lit up nice and bright.
> Then I isolated the main splitter and it had shorted out ; un-freakin' believable.

I'll sleep better tonight...I hate car problems of any sort !!!...I'll get another splitter tomorrow...End of story !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts