Toyota Nation Forum banner

2007 Camry LE 117,000 with rotted exhaust/exhaust leak near flange: Can I still drive it until I save up for a new Camry? Amazon CO detector?

6K views 43 replies 15 participants last post by  Hany 
#1 ·
2007 Camry at 117,000 miles engine sounds loud on acceleration. Diagnosed with exhaust leak. Mechanic told me it is rotted out near flange, but it is also completely rotted, needs complete replacement including front pipe, muffler, gasket for $1263. Not sure if CAT can be reused.
I would rather just put that money towards a down payment on a new Camry that pay this. Car has other problems including leaking valve cover gasket, leaking oil pan, motor mounts, and burns 1 quart oil every ~ 800 miles.
Here is my question: Despite what I read on the internet, mechanic told me I can still drive it until exhaust "completely falls apart". My inspection sticker is good until February 2022. Can I really just drive it like this? I don't smell any fumes in the cabin. What if I get a Carbon Monoxide detector?

#44 ·
Hello guys, I'm new here and I have a question please...
  • I have a 2007 Camry 2.4L
  • The mechanic says that I need to replace the front pipe of the exhaust along with the converter
  • I found this one on Kijiji (Canadian eBay haha) but I'm not sure if it will fit or not

• Can you please have a look and advise ?
  • I don't want to pay for it and it doesn't fit, then I'll have to return it and wait for another one .. and that can take up to 3 weeks !!

Thank you in advance :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.