Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Camry XLE with the 2.4 liter motor.This car has 220,000 miles.for about a year this car has decided it has a mind of its on.It always starts good when cold.I will drive it about 50 miles ,turn it off and it stars right up.drive it to another stop.starts right up.then on about the 5 th stop after it sits for about 15 minutes it want start.it turns over but no start.it will try to start but will not start.if you give it any gas it want even try to start.after it sits for about 15 minutes it will finally start.now let’s talk about what has been done to this car.new plugs,new battery.replaced the open circuit relay located in the fuse box under the hood.the only thing I haven’t done is replace fuel pump.I have taken it to Toyota but it will never fail in their presence.as long has you don’t turn the car off it will never fail And it also runs good.it is not blowing a code either.i had a mechanic tell me there is a check fail in the fuel pump that will cause this problem.any help would be appreciated.i do love the car.thanks John

·
Registered
13 Posts
If it's a leak down of a pressure regulator in the pump. Cycling the key a few times will prime it back up, I'd try to spray a fuel source in a vacuum hose while its malfunctioning. prove its fuel related

·
Registered
25 Posts
When it won’t start, shoot starting fluid into intake. If it starts for a second and stalls, then , yes, your issue is fuel related. If it doesn’t start, it is likely an ignition issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That makes perfect sense.do I have to disconnect where the hose is for the throttle body to spray the fluid?Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2006, so, possibly different vacuum routing. As such, I can’t give specifics. Any vacuum hose that is after throttle will work fine though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought another pump but have not put it in yet.if when you spray fluid and car does start it is probably a pump problem.is that correct.i really appreciate your help

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought another pump but have not put it in yet.if when you spray fluid and car does start it is probably a pump problem.is that correct.i really appreciate your help
Not necessarily a pump issue, “fuel delivery“ issue. Report back on starter fluid results and we’ll walk you through troubleshooting next few steps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts