Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Camry SE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few months ago, I backed into someone in my own yard...and I have to admit I cried out of sheer irritation with myself. Anyway, the only damage is that the outer right tail light cover is cracked. The actual tail light was not damaged. There are 2 scratches on the rear bumper as well.

Where can I find a replacement cover cheaper than the $140 at the dealership? I'm planning to get my brother to install it. He loves these kind of projects...:D

Also, what advice do you all have for the scratches? They are about 3 inches long and 1/4 inch wide.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
A few months ago, I backed into someone in my own yard...and I have to admit I cried out of sheer irritation with myself. Anyway, the only damage is that the outer right tail light cover is cracked. The actual tail light was not damaged. There are 2 scratches on the rear bumper as well.

Where can I find a replacement cover cheaper than the $140 at the dealership? I'm planning to get my brother to install it. He loves these kind of projects...:D

Also, what advice do you all have for the scratches? They are about 3 inches long and 1/4 inch wide.
EBAY from time to time. and it isn't a cover. It is the whole tail light assy..

·
Registered
105 Posts
You'll need a complete taillight assembly. You might consider if now is the time to pony up a few bucks and buy an LED taillight kit.

As for the paint, it's the depth that matters. Try polishing out as much as you can using a mild polish (Meguiar's crystal system polish should work)... then you'll know how bad the scratches really are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts