Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
gotta BIG thanks to baileyw813 for this MOD.. took me a month to find the right mileage on the cluster and the control. The steering wheel control is from Toyota Solara 07-08 SLE. it work perfect.

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
AWESOME! Good to know the Solara steering wheel controls fit! Like I said, I knew there had to be other models with similar parts. And to think I went through the trouble of outsourcing from Australia!!

Looks great!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
If I remember correctly. The clock spring pin #3 is empty if you have an SE, as there was no data line connected from pin 3 to the junction block, behind the cluster.

This may be different if you have an XLE or LE model, there might be the purple data line from pin 3 to the junction block already, then it is completely plug n play, since the XLE and hybrid models had a data display on their models already.

You can either run your own data line/wire (supposed to be "V" violet, I am guessing, I'd say it is purple haha) from pin 3 on the clock spring to junction "3A"...... OR what I did was was splice into the "V" purple wire at, I believe was pin22 on the cluster connector. The SE is just missing the purple data wire from the clock spring to the junction block. But it does have the purple line from the junction block to the cluster connector.

I've attached some photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
If I remember correctly. The clock spring pin #3 is empty if you have an SE, as there was no data line connected from pin 3 to the junction block, behind the cluster.

This may be different if you have an XLE or LE model, there might be the purple data line from pin 3 to the junction block already, then it is completely plug n play, since the XLE and hybrid models had a data display on their models already.

You can either run your own data line/wire (supposed to be "V" violet, I am guessing, I'd say it is purple haha) from pin 3 on the clock spring to junction "3A"...... OR what I did was was splice into the "V" purple wire at, I believe was pin22 on the cluster connector. The SE is just missing the purple data wire from the clock spring to the junction block. But it does have the purple line from the junction block to the cluster connector.

I've attached some photos.
I see, yes thats what i figured, wasnt sure if pin 3 had a wire at the clock spring, thanks for clarifying. Just gotta count pins and find the empty pin slot 3. i get confused witch way to count on the plug, lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Not sure about the clock spring connector, but most connectors will label pin1 and then the last pin (whatever the highest pin # is) on the actual connector. Makes it easier. But the clock spring might not be as nice. The "male" side of the connection (the one with the wires in it) should have the pins numbered, not on the clock spring female connection side. I am fairly confident it did follow this labeling scheme.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not sure about the clock spring connector, but most connectors will label pin1 and then the last pin (whatever the highest pin # is) on the actual connector. Makes it easier. But the clock spring might not be as nice. The "male" side of the connection (the one with the wires in it) should have the pins numbered, not on the clock spring female connection side. I am fairly confident it did follow this labeling scheme.
Gotcha, didnt know that, i see it on the plug you are correct. it has all corners numbered. I will post a pic of the black plug after i get to it this weekend. Thanks much for your help...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks to Bailey/Will for the DIY and Support.. Its Done...

Purple wire #22 Spliced

#3 pin at Clock spring. i used a plug pigtal that came with my XLE cluster. Just lift connector stop and slides right in.

Complete. I have a retro'd IS3 Fsport Steering wheel with Paddles and all Buttons work...

·
Registered
134 Posts
I will also add that the XLE Clusters from 09 are different than 11"

The 11 is Flat around the Tach and Speedo.. The 09 is Raised.. i used the 09, it gives it a more modern look, a 3D effect.

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
Thanks to Bailey/Will for the DIY and Support.. Its Done...

Purple wire #22 Spliced

#3 pin at Clock spring. i used a plug pigtal that came with my XLE cluster. Just lift connector stop and slides right in.

Complete. I have a retro'd IS3 Fsport Steering wheel with Paddles and all Buttons work...

Wow, that's impressive.

I'm amazed you got the steering wheel to work. Question is, how about the airbag?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Wow, that's impressive.

I'm amazed you got the steering wheel to work. Question is, how about the airbag?
Not sure what your question is, but the Airbag is plug and play.

Steering wheel choice is Vast..

2012 Camry SE

2011 Camry SE with 2012 Paddles

Etc... you can swap any wheel of your choice pretty much, you just have to figure out the Audio/Steering control buttons and that they work with your Headunit

·
Not-So-New TN User
5,565 Posts
Not sure what your question is, but the Airbag is plug and play.

Steering wheel choice is Vast..

2012 Camry SE

2011 Camry SE with 2012 Paddles

Etc... you can swap any wheel of your choice pretty much, you just have to figure out the Audio/Steering control buttons and that they work with your Headunit
The 2012 Steering Wheel looks dope. I was looking into it but the local salvage yards can't sell airbags anymore and they're too expensive. Why'd you opt for the Lexus instead? and can you tell me what that rectangle is next to the 'S'?

·
Registered
134 Posts
The 2012 Steering Wheel looks dope. I was looking into it but the local salvage yards can't sell airbags anymore and they're too expensive. Why'd you opt for the Lexus instead? and can you tell me what that rectangle is next to the 'S'?
The 2012 has to many audio controls, tho they all worked, it was just too much for me..

I thought the Box next to the S is a Common Known? But i guess Not all had Sport shift.. The box shows you the gear when in Sport mode

21 - 40 of 64 Posts