Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bio-process Student
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new member here, I just bought a 2007 Corrolla CE with 29,500 miles on it as of today. Its almost due for an oil change at 30,000 miles what else should I take a look over. I am going to check the air filter and maybe replace it for cheap insurance how about a tranny drain and refill?

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you mean cheap insurance in terms of 'priceless peace of mind', go for it. You'll also have a new baseline for future maintenance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I plan on doing a transmission drain and fill once i hit 30k. Some people wait longer, but i plan on doing it every 30k.

I would also check the serpentine belt for cracks since the 9th genns are notorious for bad belts, definitely change the air filter, inspect the cabin filter, and rotate the tires.

·
Bio-process Student
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Might want to clean the throttle body, PCV valve, and MAF unless you know the history of all of these items.
I got the car last weekend and the sticker in the window says to change it at 30360ish its now at 29300or so i think i'm going to change it tomorrow night just to get a base line. I went with valvoline 5w-30 duratec syntetic blend and a wix oil filter is this goingto be a good combo? As for the tranny drain and fill is there a plug that i could drain the pan or do i have to drop it and all that. When I do the drain fill i will go to toyota and get their brand of atf. Keeping all reciepts cuz its still under warrenty 7yr 100,000 miles.

And guys thanks for your help and input this is my second vehocle as my first is a '91 dodge dakota gas chugger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts