Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 2007 Corolla and it has some serious paint issues that I was wondering if anyone else has seen? Got some good photos of problem but can't see any easy way to attache them?

·
07 Corolla
46 Posts
I have a black 07 corolla and i dont have any problems other than the little chips hear and there from rocks and stuff from the big trucks near my home. It doesnt take much for that paint to come right off. What problems are you having???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Yes, I have brought this to the dealer's attention, Toyota reps and going thru NCDS to try and get car replaced. So far the dealer and Toyota have been no help at all. Very disappointing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RE: 2007 corolla paint

Not normal? I hope not! At least that's what I'm telling the Toyota folks. So far Toyota has just been non-responsive and in denial, I think. :sosad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, it was like this when I bought it. I just never expected it in a Toyota so did not check the car very well at all for those types of things. I've since found other paint and trim problems as well. Passenger side air bag cover is wrong color shade and inset so it looks tacky at best. The glove box door doesn't look like it was made for the car? At least it doesn't fit or look right either. Almost appears like Toyota is trying to cut costs to compete with the new Hundai cars. I just look at a Hundai accent for my kid and the paint job was absolutely perfect. Put my Corolla to shame for about $4K less. :sosad:

·
No one particular!
'14 Avalon XLE
212 Posts
Resson,

I don't want to scare you but this really really makes me feel the car might have been damaged upon delivery to the dealer and fixed before sold.

Without going into a song and dance, I know for a fact dealers do this and sometimes by law don't have to disclose it either.

All the things you mention including the paint really are a big indicator of the car being repaired and or repainted.

I would take it to an auto body shop and get their opinion on if the car was repainted or in an accident.

I don't want to tell the story but I did post something about a recent visit to a toyota dealer and a camry SE being on the lot brand new with an autobody repair bill sitting in the passenger side of the car for alot of money. Half the side of the car was replaced and repainted but the car was on the lot and a salesman trying to sell it without telling them. I asked the people later when they were leaving, the salesman never said a thing. They never sat in the car or they would have seen the auto repair bil.

They would know better than anyone else.

I really hope you get your problems resolved!!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
prophase said:
Without going into a song and dance, I know for a fact dealers do this and sometimes by law don't have to disclose it either.
absolutely...lot damage before sale rarely has to be disclosed.

hell, carfax reports rarely show all issues with vehicles.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
Toyota or the dealer most likely won't give you a new car, the best they can do is probalby repaint it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I hadn't considered that but the paint issue seems to be thoughout the entire car. Not just in one place or two. That would seem to indicate a production problem versus a repair thing. In either case, I hold Toyota responsible for the problem and they need to solve it. I'm currently going thru the National Center for Dispute Settlement (NCDS) process to get the car replaced as Toyota/Dealer have been no help whatsoever. My expectation is that I'm stuck with the car. If so, I'll keep it for 2-3 years and buy something else. This will be my first and last Toyota. I've also got a 2003 Ford Focus that has been a remarkable car so far. Paint job is immaculate and it's been mechanically problem free and, I might add, considerably lower cost to purchase. :)

G

·
well dont say it will be your last toyota, maybe just look over the car a little more before you buy and choose a diffrent toyota dealer, besides the focus i had the check engine light came on at 500miles, ford checked it said it was nothing gave it back to me then it came back on at 1,450 miles they had the car for two days and they said it was something to do with a spark plug but they had fixed the problem, at exactly 2,000 miles car stopped working (keep in mind this is brand new, 2,000 miles on a 04 focus) head gasket had blown on the number one cylinder (which had caused a cylinder one misfire code hence the spark plug ford spoke of) anyways I got the car lemon lawed, only ended up loosing tax title and registration. So my point is theres a sour apple in every batch, dont let one set you away, i mean i still bought another ford, although it was not for me I am still the lean holder :)

·
07 Corolla
46 Posts
Ya i have a black 07 corolla and my paint doesnt seem bad, but i did notice that they dont seem to match the color well with the airbag cover and the glove box, the box almost looks like it doesnt line up right, just like you were sayin, that must be normal. The thing with your paint however is not, almost looks like it was painted with a brush or somehting, dont settle until they fix it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Look for painted bolts...usually bolts aren't painted. But in all honestly, that looks to me like there was just something was on it while it was painted, making it an uncompatible base...Like not wiping it with that anti-wax/alcohol prep stuff to get all contaminants off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts