Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new and need help. I've searched and searched and searched. My one son bought my other son some after market fog lights on Ebay for his birthday. He has a 2007 V6 Camry. I'm not sure of the model. But up at the bumper it is prewired for the fog lights. That was no problem. The replacement inserts don't clip in that well so I'll use small black screws to make them fit better.

But where under the dash do they hook up? These lights came with a harness. Each connector has one wire. A red one and the other a white one. Even though the one connector has just one wire it has a 5 wire connector. I removed the lower dash panel and have looked around and don't find anything close to the shape of these connectors. I didn't remove the airbag so I have to look around that. But based on the harness that came with these lights all the hookups would have to be under the dash. If it was under the hood then the fog light switch would reach the dash.

I also have the side kick panel removed.

Other people on here have used these lights because I recognize the switch.
Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lammy and geoff I'm still tying to decipher the info in the above link. geoof are you saying that the connectors that plug into the lites have no power what so ever? And I guess you spliced into the fog lite harness so you could make the connection in the fuse box. I'm jumping back and forth from that link to here. So bare with me.

Geoff I'm assuming we are talking about the same car. 2007 Camry V6. In photo number 4 in the above link where you took your bumper off it shows to exposed screw hole tabs on the lite itself. On the Camry I'm doing those two tabs actuall fit into the piece you have the tabs up against. Those two tabs slid into a saddle which holds them in and one of the tabs on othe other side screws in so the lite is actually supported by 3 of the 4 tabs. I'll attempt to take a photo of it but posting the photo could be a challenge for me.

Did you use the relay that came with the lites?

If you hooked your one wire to the low beams does that mean your fog lites only come on when your low beams are on? They can't be used with the headlights off? You didn't use the supplied switch?

I'm trying to get this done before my son comes home thursday. It's a surprise. But I have a bigger surprise. I put a 3 foot gouge down the passenger rear quarter panel while backing his car into my garage. I'm sick over it. He takes suck good care of his car and I do the first damage to it.
Thanks

Butch

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
I used the supplied wiring harness and switch, I have the positive cable connected to the battery and the cable for the relay is connected to the low-beam fuse in the fuse box.

So to answer the second part of your question, yes my lights come on with the low-beams, I can not turn them on without the low-beams the way I have them set up. The reason is because I couldn't easily get the switch into the cabin and I didn't want to leave it on, it's just easier for me this way.

·
Go camry goooooo
5,109 Posts
I used the supplied wiring harness and switch, I have the positive cable connected to the battery and the cable for the relay is connected to the low-beam fuse in the fuse box.

So to answer the second part of your question, yes my lights come on with the low-beams, I can not turn them on without the low-beams the way I have them set up. The reason is because I couldn't easily get the switch into the cabin and I didn't want to leave it on, it's just easier for me this way.
What about just running a regular switch, run the wires in thru the firewall and then mount your switch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts