Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Mustang
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Toyota Nation! I have been reading this forum for a while gathering info and dreadfully waiting for my purchase of a new DC TRD Sport Tacoma. However, I came across some info the other day stating that someone was considering a purchase in May, but someone else advised to just a couple of months for the 2007 models. So my questions are, when do next years models get released, will there be any noticeable changes, and where could I get any more info on the subject??? TIA for any help.

·
Official Misfit
1,453 Posts
new models generlly come out in late summer.

best time to buy is late in the year as historically, these months are the slowest sales month in the auto industry

·
Seattle Seahawks Rule
2005 Toyota Tacoma
222 Posts
most dealers I have worked with as stated above is around September time frame

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
chris1374 said:
Hello Toyota Nation! I have been reading this forum for a while gathering info and dreadfully waiting for my purchase of a new DC TRD Sport Tacoma. However, I came across some info the other day stating that someone was considering a purchase in May, but someone else advised to just a couple of months for the 2007 models. So my questions are, when do next years models get released, will there be any noticeable changes, and where could I get any more info on the subject??? TIA for any help.
LOL. I was the one who advised that!

They end up coming around the end of summer time.

As of right now I don't think anyone knows what is in store for the Tacoma in 2007!?!? :confused:

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
I don't think it will be long until we see pictures of the 2007 models. I'm sure it will still LOOK the same as the 2005-2006's, but I'm very anxious to see what type of options are added to them.

·
Row Dialin'
2,832 Posts
I doubt there will be any changes made to the '07 models with the redesigned Tundra coming out. The Tacoma will take a backseat for at least a year.

·
Row Dialin'
2,832 Posts
I think it's pretty much common sense. The later you buy in the model year the better deal you are more likely to get. The biggest issue is that you can't be picky and you may have to travel to get what you want.

I would say like others have said, September is probably the best compromise of getting what you want and getting a deal.

·
Registered
Mustang
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I doubt I will wait. That's just too long. As soon as I sell my car, I will be rolling in an 06 Tacoma. I have an 04 Mustang V6 (Competition Orange) :burnout:if any one is interested.

·
Registered
Mustang
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mwfromva said:
Your best off, also, in buying at the END OF THE MONTH!
I have heard that before too, but why? And in my case, I will probably have to order from factory what I want, will that make a difference?

·
Profound!
198 Posts
chris1374 said:
I have heard that before too, but why? And in my case, I will probably have to order from factory what I want, will that make a difference?
Sales figures. Sales in the auto industry are judged monthly, not only at Toyota's level but at the local dealership level. The last few days of the month are the last chances to boost those sales amounts.

The dealership is going to be more willing to deal with you toward the end of the month, and more willing to screw you over at the beginning of the month!

Also, ordering from the factory is a little different. You sort of lose some of your buying power. Buying from the lot alleviates current inventory in which the dealership is paying monthly to hold on to. The sooner that car or truck moves off the lot, the more money they make off it. When you order you lose that "advantage", however the dealership can also look at it as a solid sale for the future from future inventory. You also have to realize that most people will pay a little more for EXACTLY what they want i.e. ordering your car to your specific needs. Different dealers will vary on how they view "ordering." I've had some willing to sell an order to me for invoice, some wanted to make me pay top dollar.

In other words, you're more likely to get a better deal off the lot.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Where can I find invoice prices?

I got an 05 Tacoma 4x2, Auto, V6, Longbed, Tow Package, Sport package #3, front/side/curtain airbags for $27000... with tax and license $29400k.. don't really know that I got a good deal.. but I sure pissed off the internet manager sales guy so I think it was probably decent.

·
Profound!
198 Posts
I use Edmunds.com.

Prices have changed in 2006 - not much but they have. Finding 05 numbers might prove difficult.

·
Official Misfit
1,453 Posts
i reviewed edmunds.com and cardirect.com

·
Registered
325 Posts
I know for a fact that NUMMI rolled out the 2006 Taco's at the end of August. Local dealers saw the first '06's beginning of September. Same timeframe would probably be the case for the '07's. You can check with your dealer by asking him when the latest date is you can order a '06 and what day it would be available. After that order date would be the beginning of availability for the '07's. Depending on where you are in the US related to Northern California, the lead time would be longer obviously- up to 4 weeks.

As far as changes, I can't imagine anything major. Maybe some more paint protection to address chipping?!?!? Alot of the truck is based on plastic parts that are injection molded. Anyone with a background in plastics knows the huge set-up costs related to the molds and dies that make up these parts. The only way to recoup costs is to run that part for a LONG TIME. I imagine mostly functional changes/ additions with probably no changes to the overall look to the truck. Maybe heated side mirrors and a solid roll-up rear window?!?!? Anyone who is saavy with the NHTSA website may predict upcoming safety features that Toyota may include ahead of any federally-mandated dates for changes to be made. (i.e. TPMS mandatory on all vehicles by 2008 MY; Tacoma incorporated this feature beginning on all '06 Tacomas...)

chris1374 said:

·
Chuck Norris rules
2006 Tacoma
344 Posts
thunked said:

I got an 05 Tacoma 4x2, Auto, V6, Longbed, Tow Package, Sport package #3, front/side/curtain airbags for $27000... with tax and license $29400k.. don't really know that I got a good deal.. but I sure pissed off the internet manager sales guy so I think it was probably decent.
Edmunds...I got my Double Cab sport and tow package for $23,000...

·
Registered
342 Posts
thunked said:

Wow..they are going for a lot of money down in SoCal. I got my 06 DC 4x4 short bed, auto with SR5 pkg, all airbags, JBL and towing for just over 28k (including tax, title, license), and I didn't think I got as good a deal as others did.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts