Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! We bought a 2007 Tacoma in June of last year. We haven't run into any problems until this week. The truck has been sitting for 2 weeks, and when we went to start it a couple of days ago, the engine won't turn over. Instead, there is a clicking from the engine. Is this the starter? Has anyone else run into these kind of issues? I tried boosting it, but it doesn't make any difference.

About 3 weeks ago, the temperature dropped to -40 for a couple of days. One of those days, the truck wasn't plugged in. Could this have affected something?

Please help!
Crys

·
Registered
56 Posts
start with your battery. make sure it is fully charged. Have the autoparts store do a load test. extreme cold kills batteries that aren't used frequently

·
Humble Servant
2012 DC PreRun Auto
1,158 Posts
Insufficient voltage.
Possibly bad battery, possibly bad connections (reducing the charging and dropping the voltage to the starter). I would first check the connections at the battery and starter, the grounds at the chasis and engine. Low voltage at the battery could be bad cell(s) -or could be due to bad connections inhibiting charge. Checking connections is cheap.

·
Banned
873 Posts
giver a jump..

in our artic weather, parasidic draw will kill the battery over a couple of week period.......

now i would have thought i would have lasted a little longer.

plug the truck in and jump it....

let us know what happens

cheers
Warts

·
TacoFever
414 Posts
check your tire pressure .. they all have to be the same for the truck to start. :D J/K!!

.. like said above check battery.

·
rockin' the stock
336 Posts
Mine didn't start today. I'd driven it just the day before and it's been in the seventies. I was, like, WTF, 'cause I was headed to the mizz-all! First, got nothing, though my radio and lights worked, then the clicking. Jumped it with a plug-in battery charger, let'er run for a bit (and went around the block), then left it alone for an hour plus before trying again. It started. I've had the truck since Nov. '05, so I guess it's about that time.

Maybe it was a sign, though; wound up visiting a recovering friend of the family in the hospital instead.

Hopefully a new battery's all you need.

·
Registered
TRD OFF-Road DC
49 Posts
Your double rotating wobbly probably froze up in that cold weather. Your local dealer should be able to get you one to do a quick fix. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts