Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Go Vols!
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new guy here...I normally post over at TS, and thought I would come over and start looking around here as well as I've heard good things about this forum. Anyway, I'm about to take the plunge on a new 2007 Tacoma and I have a couple of questions.

1) Is there any specific area or item I should check when I'm looking over my truck (before buying it)?

2) Is this a good price?

$24,800

White
Double Cab
TRD Sport Package
Pre-Runner
JBL Stereo
Floor Mats
Towing Package
Exhaust Tip
Step Tube Bars
Window Tint

I'm about to pull the trigger...let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
sounds like a good price to me.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
That's a pretty good deal, considering all the options you got. I've seen 2WD double cabs sell for that much, and they didn't have any of the extras that you got.

·
TN User
06 Tacoma DBL Cab LB
265 Posts
Check edmunds.com and compare the invoice price with the same options. It all depends if you feel you are getting a good deal but from the looks of it that looks good.

One thing to watch out for is the tow package make sure it is the factory tow option with a class IV receiver and not a dealer installed one which will only be a class III. The factory tow will have a transmission & oil cooler and a bigger alternator. Check the window sticker.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Volrus,
Check if the "tow package" is the factory TO tow package or just a dealer add on. Probably not a deal breaker but better to know now.

·
Go Vols!
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! I like this forum...you guys respond like crazy. I posted this over at TS yesterday and have gotten ONE reply. I may have found a new home! :clap: Thanks for the posts.

On the Tow package, the sticker says something like $500. Does that mean it's the correct package?

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
I thought the tow package was more expensive than that. Because it includes, Trailer wiring, bigger battery, Bigger alternator, trans cooler, tow hitch, and 7 to 4 pin converter. To me, all that should certainly cost over $500.

You might want to look into that.

·
Go Vols!
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good point, I could be wrong on that sticker cost, but I will certainly check into it tomorrow. I'll be looking for the TO code...

Is this something I need/want? Even if I don't tow anything I would think a bigger alternator, etc. would still be a good thing to have.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
According to the Toyota website just the tow hitch is $455 by itself. That option is code (DH)

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Yeah, the big alternator and trans cooler is a nice thing to have. The bigger alternator will help if you ever add a big sound system or offroad lights.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't remember how much the factory package cost but it should specify the package code as (TO) and somewhere on the sticker it should list out the class IV tow hitch, 130 amp alternator, heavy duty battery, oil cooler, 7-pin connector and wiring, etc. I don't know if anything has changed since my '06, but I hope this helps. Oh yeah, welcome, and no, we're not always this quick to reply!

·
Tragically Hip
342 Posts

·
Go Vols!
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just checked the Toyota web site and it looks like the Sport package automatically comes with the "TO" towing package.

On the tire issue, is this something that is negotiable? I wouldn't think they would change out tires like that. Personally, I like the BF G's that come on the OffRoad package a lot better in terms of looks. Would these look silly on the Sport option?

·
Go Vols!
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you guys like the TRD Seat covers? I haven't seen them in person. I've heard they are neoprene material...

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
The BFG Dueler H/Ts that come on the truck are not the same model that you get from a tire dealer. They are like a cheaper version made for the factory. They are not that great in rain and snow, but they're not terrible if you plan on staying on the road all the time. If you can, try to get the tires replaced with quality tires. Make it part of the deal before you sign any paperwork.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Volrus said:
Do you guys like the TRD Seat covers? I haven't seen them in person. I've heard they are neoprene material...
My CarDomain has pics of the seat covers. They're like a rubber material. They do their job good, protecting the seat. But they can be cold in the winter time, and hot in the summer. Wet Okoles are better, but they're more expensive too.

·
Go Vols!
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn you've done a lot of stuff to your truck! I had to go through 4 or 5 picture pages before I found the seat covers. You're truck is sharp. I like the seat covers, I may have to look into getting that thrown in on the deal.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Sorry. I should have given you a link to page 7 of my CarDomain. Yeah, I've got lots of pics in my CarDomain. Over 130. :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts