Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LEmon V6
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went back in today to pick up my car because it was smoking yesteray. I asked the service tech if I could have a copy of the service bulletin they used to repair my transmission. He said sure, no problem. When he pulled the bulletins up he said, "I don't know which one they did on your car because there are "11" :eek: of them. He asked me if I knew if my car was a 5 or 6 speed. Being female, I batted my eyes:naughty: and told him I did not know. So they asked me if I could manually shift my car. I batte my eyes again and said I don't know, just print the ones for the 6 speed. They are as follows:

1. TSB TC003-06 U660E Automatic Transaxle Compensation Code Input Process - dated June 9, 2006;

2. TSB TC008-06 3rd - 4th Gear Shift Flare. 07 Camry (V6). Introduction - Some customers may experience a sharp increase in RPM between the 3rd to 4th gear shift point during the first ten minutes of operation after a cold start. A revised transmission valve body has been developed to address this problem. NOTE: This TSB ONLY applies to vehicles that have been confirmed to have the customer concerns listed above. Dated August 2, 2006;

3. TSB TC015-06 TCM Calibration Update: M.I.L. "On" DTC P2716. 07 Camry (2GR-FE, 6-Speed A/T) - dated December 12, 2006; and

4. TSB TC010-06 Harsh 5-4 Downshift on Deceleration 06-07 Camry (2AZ-FE). Introduction - Some 2006-2007 model year Camry vehicles equippe with the 2AZ-FE engine an U250E automatic transaxle (ATM) may exhibit a harsh 5-4 downshift under the following conditions: ATM at normal operating temperature; After rive above 45 mph; and Decelerating through 28 mph. The line pressure control solenoi assembly (SLT) has been improved to reduce this condition on customer complaint vehicles. Plant TMMK???

There are several more TSBs on the 5 speed transmissions that I did not get. The point being Toyota/dealers know about these problems and are giving people the run around to fix the problems. I have the whole TBSs above and can fax them to whomever wants them tomorrow.:clap:

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
Midnight2 said:
I went back in today to pick up my car because it was smoking yesteray. I asked the service tech if I could have a copy of the service bulletin they used to repair my transmission. He said sure, no problem. When he pulled the bulletins up he said, "I don't know which one they did on your car because there are "11" :eek: of them. He asked me if I knew if my car was a 5 or 6 speed. Being female, I batted my eyes:naughty: and told him I did not know. So they asked me if I could manually shift my car. I batte my eyes again and said I don't know, just print the ones for the 6 speed. They are as follows:

1. TSB TC003-06 U660E Automatic Transaxle Compensation Code Input Process - dated June 9, 2006;

2. TSB TC008-06 3rd - 4th Gear Shift Flare. 07 Camry (V6). Introduction - Some customers may experience a sharp increase in RPM between the 3rd to 4th gear shift point during the first ten minutes of operation after a cold start. A revised transmission valve body has been developed to address this problem. NOTE: This TSB ONLY applies to vehicles that have been confirmed to have the customer concerns listed above. Dated August 2, 2006;

3. TSB TC015-06 TCM Calibration Update: M.I.L. "On" DTC P2716. 07 Camry (2GR-FE, 6-Speed A/T) - dated December 12, 2006; and

4. TSB TC010-06 Harsh 5-4 Downshift on Deceleration 06-07 Camry (2AZ-FE). Introduction - Some 2006-2007 model year Camry vehicles equippe with the 2AZ-FE engine an U250E automatic transaxle (ATM) may exhibit a harsh 5-4 downshift under the following conditions: ATM at normal operating temperature; After rive above 45 mph; and Decelerating through 28 mph. The line pressure control solenoi assembly (SLT) has been improved to reduce this condition on customer complaint vehicles. Plant TMMK???

There are several more TSBs on the 5 speed transmissions that I did not get. The point being Toyota/dealers know about these problems and are giving people the run around to fix the problems. I have the whole TBSs above and can fax them to whomever wants them tomorrow.:clap:
The only new one is TC015-6 dtd 2 days ago.

·
Registered
451 Posts
njerald said:
The only new one is TC015-6 dtd 2 days ago.
Sure about that butch.... 2 days ago.... HAVE THEY RESOLVED THE SHIFT FLARE??????????????

·
LEmon V6
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
onsknht said:
Sure about that butch.... 2 days ago.... HAVE THEY RESOLVED THE SHIFT FLARE??????????????

I don't think so. A note at the end of the TSB says - NOTE: If valve boy replacement does NOT correct the condition, continue diagnosis following the Repair Manual Problem Symptoms Table. If necessary, contact Technical Assistance for further support. Thus, a new transmission.

·
LEmon V6
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike Gerber said:
Midnight2,

You have the 6 speed transmission. The 4 cylinder has the 5 speed and the V6 has the new 6 speed.

Mike
Thanks Mike, I knew at the time. I was just pretending so he would give me all the TSBs that he thought would apply.

·
Registered
36 Posts
New TSB

For those of us who are not mechanically inclined, would someone be able to put the new tsb in english for me?

TSB TC015-06 TCM Calibration Update: M.I.L. "On" DTC P2716. 07 Camry (2GR-FE, 6-Speed A/T) - dated December 12, 2006;

·
Registered
1 Posts

There are several more TSBs on the 5 speed transmissions that I did not get. The point being Toyota/dealers know about these problems and are giving people the run around to fix the problems. I have the whole TBSs above and can fax them to whomever wants them tomorrow.👏
I know it has been a long time, but I would love a fax/email of that TC015-06 bulletin if you still have it. [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts