$30,935 MSRP
Limited 4.7L:
$37,540 MSRP
Limited 5.7L:
$38,790 MSRP

·
Registered
309 Posts
seems to be a little steep, especially considering the 06 started at $16K Seems risky especially if you want fleet truck buyers to consider it.

·
it is what it is
07 Camry SE
2,294 Posts
Mcmflow said:
seems to be a little steep, especially considering the 06 started at $16K Seems risky especially if you want fleet truck buyers to consider it.
The fleet truck buyers already want the Reg Cab. Remember the Reg Cab is ALOT bigger than 06.

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
4X4 models get steep quick with no options. Althought they have a lot of standard equipment. Nice truck nonetheless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
tundra pricing

If you go on competitors websites and price out a comparable half ton truck, you will find the Tundra's price to be competitive for now. Since package and option prices are not yet available, it's a little hard to compare, but it looks ok to me for now. The problem is not at the retail level, but comes down to incentives, i.e. rebates and low finance rates. We'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dmast205 said:
If you go on competitors websites and price out a comparable half ton truck, you will find the Tundra's price to be competitive for now. Since package and option prices are not yet available, it's a little hard to compare, but it looks ok to me for now. The problem is not at the retail level, but comes down to incentives, i.e. rebates and low finance rates. We'll just have to wait and see.
Actually, Toyota price v8 5.7L Tundra Double Cab SR5 trims very close to v8 5.3L Silverado 1500 Extended Cab.

381hp vs. 315hp
401lb.ft vs. 338lb.ft
6sp vs. 4sp

And Tundra with tons of standard feartures such as ABS, traction control, stability control, auto LSD, side airbags, curtain airbags, dual zone climate control... plus 5.7L v8+6sp are avaible across the entire lineup.

·
Registered
343 Posts
BEI said:
Actually, Toyota price v8 5.7L Tundra Double Cab SR5 trims very close to v8 5.3L Silverado 1500 Extended Cab.

381hp vs. 315hp
401lb.ft vs. 338lb.ft
6sp vs. 4sp

And Tundra with tons of standard feartures such as ABS, traction control, stability control, auto LSD, side airbags, curtain airbags, dual zone climate control... plus 5.7L v8+6sp are avaible across the entire lineup.
Yep the 6.0L top of the line GM is at least $2000 higher with similar equipment. The 5.3L Vortex is in no where near the same class as the 5.7L iFORCE.

Commercially Toyota is going to make GM blink. If GM leaves it's pricing untouched and ignores the Tundra then the value comparisons of the 5.3L and 5.7L will be no contest. If GM reacts and drops the prices of the 6.0L by $2-$3K ( and therefore the 5.3L as well ) Then Toyota has made GM flinch first. 2nd showdown to Toyota also.

·
Registered
508 Posts
kdhspyder said:
Commercially Toyota is going to make GM blink. If GM leaves it's pricing untouched and ignores the Tundra then the value comparisons of the 5.3L and 5.7L will be no contest. If GM reacts and drops the prices of the 6.0L by $2-$3K ( and therefore the 5.3L as well ) Then Toyota has made GM flinch first. 2nd showdown to Toyota also.
As much as I agree with you, I can't see GM doing that. Since their profits made off of their trucks truly is GM's bottom line, I don't think they can afford to cut that profit margin. That said, GM will do well with their new trucks regardless of what Toyota makes, those truck buyers seem to be a very loyal bunch.

·
Registered
406 Posts
There is nothing that steep about these prices. The regular cab is much bigger than the previous Tundra, and comes with many standard features that the old Tundra never had.

The Tundra at 16K didn't exactly make a big difference sales-wise, as it was too small for a lot people anyways. For those that want 1st gen Tundra size and capabilities, they can easily go with a Tacoma. The Tacoma is bigger than any other midsize truck.

The pricing for the new Tundra means less overlap with the Tacoma, and it also means more pricing pressure on American trucks. The 5.7L is only 1K more expensive than the 4.7L option.

I can see what Toyota is doing here. Toyota is purposely putting cut-throat prices on the 5.7L models to saturate the market with 5.7L Tundras, which will do wonders in terms of getting the word out about the Tundra.

For comparison, the Ram starts at 18K, The F150 starts at 19K, and the Silverado starts at 19K. But all three trucks have less standard equipment and features than the Tundra.

Further, the only truck that is close to the 5.7L Tundra powertrain-wise is the Silverado with the 6.0L, but you can't even get that in Regular Cab trim. Also, you'll be hard-pressed to find an Extended Cab Silverado with the 6.0L VortecMax for 28K.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
That Regular Cab Tundra 5.7L: $24,380 MSRP will be awesome...

0-60 in under 6.3 sec!

From Edmunds (I believe):

Unleashing this powertrain down the drag strip, we recorded a stunning 0-60-mph time of 6.3 seconds, while the quarter-mile came up in 14.8 seconds at 93.7 mph. Our best efforts came with the traction control switched off, a move that activates Auto limited-slip differential, a brake-based, electronic-limited-slip function. Mind you, this is a Double Cab 4x4 truck that weighs 5,637 pounds.

·
Registered
309 Posts
vasia said:
There is nothing that steep about these prices. The regular cab is much bigger than the previous Tundra, and comes with many standard features that the old Tundra never had.

The Tundra at 16K didn't exactly make a big difference sales-wise, as it was too small for a lot people anyways. For those that want 1st gen Tundra size and capabilities, they can easily go with a Tacoma. The Tacoma is bigger than any other midsize truck.

The pricing for the new Tundra means less overlap with the Tacoma, and it also means more pricing pressure on American trucks. The 5.7L is only 1K more expensive than the 4.7L option.

I can see what Toyota is doing here. Toyota is purposely putting cut-throat prices on the 5.7L models to saturate the market with 5.7L Tundras, which will do wonders in terms of getting the word out about the Tundra.

For comparison, the Ram starts at 18K, The F150 starts at 19K, and the Silverado starts at 19K. But all three trucks have less standard equipment and features than the Tundra.

Further, the only truck that is close to the 5.7L Tundra powertrain-wise is the Silverado with the 6.0L, but you can't even get that in Regular Cab trim. Also, you'll be hard-pressed to find an Extended Cab Silverado with the 6.0L VortecMax for 28K.
On the same hand, I think you will be hard pressed to find an Access Cab Tundra with the 5.7 for it's base price also. Companies don't tend to make many near base levels. I know because that is what I normally look for when I purchase one. Even with the 06 Tundra, it was hard to find a regular cab that was less than high 18K

I wasn't able to 'build and price' the tundra yesterday, maybe it's up today, but I think I will be able to make a better judgment then.

As far as the regular cabs, they didn't sell well before, but my point is, that if Toyota wanted to companies to buy them for their work trucks, is a company going to be willing to pay $4-5K more for a Toyota compared to something else?

·
Registered
309 Posts
akira751 said:
The fleet truck buyers already want the Reg Cab. Remember the Reg Cab is ALOT bigger than 06.[/quot

What do you mean they already want the Reg Cab? I know they do, but will they be willing to pay $4-5K more for this truck? That's all I'm saying

·
it is what it is
07 Camry SE
2,294 Posts
Mcmflow said:
akira751 said:
The fleet truck buyers already want the Reg Cab. Remember the Reg Cab is ALOT bigger than 06.[/quot

What do you mean they already want the Reg Cab? I know they do, but will they be willing to pay $4-5K more for this truck? That's all I'm saying
Yes they are.:)

·
Registered
309 Posts
akira751 said:
Mcmflow said:
From the orders we have.:)
How many of them knew the price when they put orders in? Let us know if you have any cancel because of price. I would have been really shocked if I put an order in thinking that maybe it would be $2000 more than the old one, and it turned out to be $6000 more. I'm talking about regular cab 4.0L models....are we talking about the same thing?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Mcmflow said:
akira751 said:
How many of them knew the price when they put orders in? Let us know if you have any cancel because of price. I would have been really shocked if I put an order in thinking that maybe it would be $2000 more than the old one, and it turned out to be $6000 more. I'm talking about regular cab 4.0L models....are we talking about the same thing?
I'm gurssing that Toyota is attempting to direct buyers to the V6 Tacoma by subtly ( like a kick in the shins ) making the V6 tundra so high and so close the 5.7L beast.

Don't you really want a Tacoma V6?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts