Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Sienna XLE AWD
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this via Torque App forums, several TN posts (and maybe on 1-2 competitor sites ;-)). I thought it would be helpful here and just in more places. Also I didn't see a Camry specific one. This is to use the Torque App to read transmission fluid temps.

There are 2-3 PIDs/formulas and they take temps at different spots. This is what worked for me and I stopped at this b/c it is good enough. I checked double checks the readings from this with an infrared thermometer on the pan and they were roughly enough in line with each other.

Car: 2007 Camry V6 with U660E transmission.

To add this screen to your Torque app
On the main page open Settings - gear icon bottom left
Click "Settings"
Click "Manage extra PIDs/Sensors
Click menu icon - 3 vertical dots - on top right
Click "Add custom PID"
Input the following data/formula

OBD2 Mode and PID:
21D9
Long Name:
Transmission Fluid Temperature 1
Short Name:
TFT 1
Minimum Value:
Maximum value:
Scale factor:
x1
Unit Type:
°F (there is a degree symbol in Torque)
Equation:
((((E*256)+F) * (7/100) – 400)/10)

OBD Header to use:
7E1

Thats it - click "OK"

My frustration was realizing I need to add the "7E1" line. Most of the people seem to do fine without. Also I believe you can name it whatever you want - that is not specific.

For the Degree symbol I was able to click on my 0 key and hold and it gave me the option.
For Celsius - input "°C". And equation is: ((((((E*256)+F)*(7/100))-400)/10)-32)*5/9) I did not try this myself.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I found this via Torque App forums, several TN posts (and maybe on 1-2 competitor sites ;-)). I thought it would be helpful here and just in more places. Also I didn't see a Camry specific one. This is to use the Torque App to read transmission fluid temps.

There are 2-3 PIDs/formulas and they take temps at different spots. This is what worked for me and I stopped at this b/c it is good enough. I checked double checks the readings from this with an infrared thermometer on the pan and they were roughly enough in line with each other.

Car: 2007 Camry V6 with U660E transmission.

To add this screen to your Torque app
On the main page open Settings - gear icon bottom left
Click "Settings"
Click "Manage extra PIDs/Sensors
Click menu icon - 3 vertical dots - on top right
Click "Add custom PID"
Input the following data/formula

OBD2 Mode and PID:
21D9
Long Name:
Transmission Fluid Temperature 1
Short Name:
TFT 1
Minimum Value:
Maximum value:
Scale factor:
x1
Unit Type:
°F (there is a degree symbol in Torque)
Equation:
((((E*256)+F) * (7/100) – 400)/10)

OBD Header to use:
7E1

Thats it - click "OK"

My frustration was realizing I need to add the "7E1" line. Most of the people seem to do fine without. Also I believe you can name it whatever you want - that is not specific.

For the Degree symbol I was able to click on my 0 key and hold and it gave me the option.
For Celsius - input "°C". And equation is: ((((((E*256)+F)*(7/100))-400)/10)-32)*5/9) I did not try this myself.
Do you know what's the code for U760E?

Thank you

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
8,890 Posts
If you are unable to find any more PID's for Torque, there are other applications and OBD adaptors that will list it and others too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts