Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry LE
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its snowing like crazy today in Colorado Springs and so I was driving to work nice and slowing as it was a skating rink outside. I get to work and go to turn around, and the cat just stopped going. Car still starts and runs, no CEL, no leaking transmission fluid, didnt lose a CV axle, no bad noises from the transmission or anything, it just stopped. Anyone please help.

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry LE
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. The car literally won't go anywhere. I can select all the gears, even shift it into sport mode but the car won't move. To noises or anything.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
5,400 Posts
Can it go into park? Can you still rev high? I've not observed it for myself ever so this may not be possible but pop the hood open and have yourself or someone else look wherever the transmission cable or neutral safety switch is and the other person shift to other gears and see if it moves. Otherwise call for a tow and take it to the shop.

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry LE
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya it goes into every gear. Revs just fine. I towed it to a shop and waiting to see what they say.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Do keep us updated on this!

·
Registered
9 Posts
You said it's bad winter weather so is the slip indicator light blinking when you try to accelerate. Maybe you were on ice and there is zero traction. If that's not the case then your transmission is shot.

·
Registered
2011 Camry LE 2.5L
9 Posts
On my 2003 Impala, I had a similar intermittent problem. First, I replaced all tranmission oil and filter and it was good for a few months but happened again. Replacing the transmission solenoids fixed that but a few months later sprung a bad transmission leak so replaced the torque converter and fixed that. Maybe both contributed to the inability to move in any gear.

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry LE
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should be getting an answer today hopefully from the shop.

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry LE
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the shop got the tranny out of the car. It's been snowing its ass off here in Colorado Springs so they were a little delayed. But hopefully some time today and tomorrow they can get it all torn apart and see what the issue is.
20191125_164941.jpg

·
Registered
32 Posts
May i ask how many miles is on it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow that's not that high of a mileage, unless you do all city/stop and go driving. Cross our fingers here for a not too expensive fix. Funny because you are like only the third or fourth guy on this forum with a documented Camry u660e failure. Bit of bad luck from your part. A lot of us including me who has the slipping/flaring transmission still kept on driving, I mean i just past 170k now. It really show how junky these early u660e really is.

Good luck and keep us updated.

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry LE
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Found out the problem. Front pump seized and stopped pumping fluid which is why my car stopped moving. Guy said that he's never seen it before like that. The only thing he could think of is that the housing on the front pump is aluminium and the pump part is cast iron, so he t jk ing that maybe the aluminium heated up and swelled into the pump and seized the pump gear and spun the bushing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the update. Has the fluid ever been refreshed? And also, did you notice any early signs of possible transmission issues?

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry LE
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The fluid hasn't been done but was still nice and red when checked at 98k. And I had no warning signs at all, just let go and stopped moving.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts