Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurnking on here for a while (first post) and find the site extremely usefull. One thing I couldn't find is manual transmission fluid recomendations.

The owners manual states to use 75W-90 GL-4 or GL-5 fluid. I know GL-5 can be corrosive to some brass parts.

I do drive the car hard every one in a while but mainly easy, any recomendations or experiences with a particular gear lube?

Thanks.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I've been lurnking on here for a while (first post) and find the site extremely usefull. One thing I couldn't find is manual transmission fluid recomendations.

The owners manual states to use 75W-90 GL-4 or GL-5 fluid. I know GL-5 can be corrosive to some brass parts.

I do drive the car hard every one in a while but mainly easy, any recomendations or experiences with a particular gear lube?

Thanks.
How many miles? I have an 07 CE 5M

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why would you change it so soon? Mine is over 35,000 and is fine - I normally change manual tranny fluid at 60,000.
I purchaced the car used and while the car is in great shape I don't trust people to do the maint. on their cars. I'm in the process of changing out all the fluid for peace of mind knowing I'm running the best/correct fluids in the car.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Why would you change it so soon? Mine is over 35,000 and is fine - I normally change manual tranny fluid at 60,000.
Four letter word.... A _ _ L

·
1MZ powered MR2
1991 MR2
1,066 Posts
Four letter word.... A _ _ L
Maybe not anal, but it's definitely a good idea to get the initial wear metals out of the transmission. Sure there's a magnet, but it won't catch everything.

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
5000 miles with dyno oil

1 - 13 of 13 Posts