Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had to get my cat removed because of rust. The car ran fine for a while but recently I've noticed that when I let go of the brakes while in drive, my car jerks a lot. This issue only started after 1 month of having no cat in my car, could this be the fault? Or dirty fuel injectors?

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
13,356 Posts
Check for codes. When it was removed, you should have gotten the cel for the missing o2 sensor by now. The ecu is looking for the 2nd o2 sensor. You will have to get the exhaust shop to put in a bung to screw the o2 sensor back in and connect it.

Reactions: Josh24cor

·
Registered
Corolla, Camry, Tundra, Camry, Avalon, Highlander, Venza, Highlander
4,026 Posts
You are killing my environment and breaking the law.

Please install a new catalytic converter and the required sensor.

We are not here to help you break the law.

Reactions: XtRaSlo

·
Registered
89SupraT 96T100
106 Posts
Even if you put the bing for the O2 sensor your car should throw codes because of the lack of a catalytic converter, and potentially run rough. Yes you can always erase codes of you have your scanner, but if you have to pass emissions this will backfire in the sense that you will have to pay extra (bribe), in the long run installing and aftermarket cat is cheaper and the right way of doing it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes i agree for that, we dont have to pass emissions here where im at so its no concerns for that, im suspecting the car jerking to be more of an issue to be with my fuel injectors that have never been changed tho, my cars a 2008 so still has 2008 fuel injectors

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
13,356 Posts
You're running lean. Get the o2 sensor back into the exhaust.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also, understanding you're in a no emission restricted area, try running a defouler on the secondary 02 which may get rid of the CEL
do you know if i need a defouler for both my sensors (upstream and downstream) or just upstream or just downstream

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
edit: my sensors were not removed there still there of course, my o2 sensor on the back is reading as it should and the upstream one I think is okay

I ordered brand new fuel injectors and a brand new air/fuel sensor the one behind my engine, going to replace them both and I should be fine

its most likely my fuel injectors clogged up

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update #2: replaced o2 sensor, added a non fouler, no more check engine light!

Car still stutters (already changed coils and spark plugs so probably injectors)?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Disconnect battery 15min.
Restart and see if it fixed it after defouler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
941 Posts
yes i have 3 batteries haha
You have 3 batteries in the car now? Or 3 batteries you can use?lol inspect the terminal clamps for any cracking. I feel like injectors should've been a gradual wear type deal instead of all of a sudden. And alternator connections are secure

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All is secure :) and yes I use 3 batteries in my car for car audio and à aftermarket 250 amp alternator to charge em up hehe, im gonna order a ultrasonic cleaner eventually and do my injectors

1 - 20 of 34 Posts