Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
All is secure :) and yes I use 3 batteries in my car for car audio and à aftermarket 250 amp alternator to charge em up hehe, im gonna order a ultrasonic cleaner eventually and do my injectors
Nice, where did you find that alternator? Lol the stock one is pretty much enough to support just the car with all electronics on lol. But out of curiosity, disconnect the other batteries and just run 1 and see if stutters continue, I feel like it could be voltage related/power going to injectors

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
13,302 Posts
BBB industries is what I bought for my speed 3. 320a is the one I got. It is overkill, but good to have in case I decide to add some accessories like a dash cam and audio system. Won't limit me too much.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm running a brand x 250 amp alternator

There's also singer alternators to look into

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Il keep you guys in the loop my appointment is tomorrow he's gonna do a pressure test and check what could be causing this

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
well the front air/fuel sensor has been replaced, still experiencing mis fires unfourtanetly but replacing that could have helped my mpg, next step is to replace all 4 injectors

·
Registered
89SupraT 96T100
106 Posts
well the front air/fuel sensor has been replaced, still experiencing mis fires unfourtanetly but replacing that could have helped my mpg, next step is to replace all 4 injectors
If I were you I would try and see if local exhaust shops have aftermarket catalytic converters at a reasonable price, your car is probably trying to tune according to the O2 readings and with the Catalytic converter gone is having trouble with the correct air/fuel ratio.

You could always do what others have said and disconnect the battery for a while and then let the car re-learn hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I went to the junk yard and pulled 8 injectors, im gonna replace them and see if the issue continues

Found 8 injectors for cheap, gonna clean em with carb cleaner first

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So i cleaned the injectors with carb cleaner and they spray amazing the set of 4 I have, so I will know if the problem is not solved it's because of the fuel pressure or no catalictic converter

I will have to replace them later after work

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
replaced the injectors, my dad did some troubleshooting about the shutter, its called torque converter shutter, topic resolved

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
So you need a torque converter/ new AT trans?
yeah i need a torque converter rippp, junkyard i go down the road when it gets worst

I changed the transmission fluid again today. the fluid smelled burnt and fluid vescosity was degraded, last time i changed it was march 2019

When I changed my injectors, I get no more mis fires, got a good deal! 10$ per injector bought 8

21 - 34 of 34 Posts