Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When is a good time to change the serpentine belt? What about the spark plugs? Also, does anyone thing it would be good to change the spark plugs just to change them, maybe to NGK ones. Will it really improve performance or gas mileage? Let me know what you guys think!

·
'11 Camry
2001 Camry
1,370 Posts
Don't change the drive belt unless it needs it. It's just not necessary. Sometimes, they'll start to get squeaky...replace if needed. Mine has started to squeak, but only in very cold weather. I plan to replace with a Goodyear Gatorback belt when necessary.

Don't change the spark plugs. The ones in the car are either NGK or Denso full iridium plugs. Don't put in anything less, and a change is not necessary until at least 100,000 miles have passed.

Maintenance is pretty hands-off on most modern cars.

·
Registered
2005 Corolla
532 Posts
Don't change the drive belt unless it needs it. It's just not necessary. Sometimes, they'll start to get squeaky...replace if needed. Mine has started to squeak, but only in very cold weather. I plan to replace with a Goodyear Gatorback belt when necessary.

Don't change the spark plugs. The ones in the car are either NGK or Denso full iridium plugs. Don't put in anything less, and a change is not necessary until at least 100,000 miles have passed.

Maintenance is pretty hands-off on most modern cars.
x2 - I agree

·
Registered
78 Posts
Do.....what...your.....scheduled......maintenance....book....says.

No more, no less

·
Registered
56 Posts
My 05 Corolla Le recently started to squeak any time that it rained. Thus last week i had the belt replaced, and now the car is completely silent, even in the rain (yay!). So yeah, if it squeaks its not a bad idea to just change it, the belts are pretty inexpensive at around $35.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts