Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to save others the trouble from the aggrevation of searching online and follow all the instructions that didn't work. The following post by member "burned300" http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199685
is the only one that actually worked on my 2008 Sienna with my Liftmaster Professional Garage Opener because of one minor, but very important detail, that even the Owners Manual got it wrong (or applies to other brands, but not Liftmaster).

Almost all the instructions from all the forums were correct in general: First, you must "sync" the car's Homelink button to your Liftmaster handheld garage opener. Second, then "sync" the Garage Opener head unit with the car's homelink button.

The only tricky part is the that the owners manual and all the other posts said to "Hold the Homlink button AND the handheld transmitter simultaneously for up to 60 seconds". In my case with the Liftmaster, as "burned300" should receive the credit, you have to press the car's Homelink button by itself for about 15 seconds until it starts SLOW FLASH, then, WITHOUT releasing the homelink buitton, press the handheld transmitter simultaneously until the Homelink button starts FAST FLASH. Once this is done, the proceed to the next step, which is very straight forward.

So, if your Homelink don't work, follow the above link to "burned300" posting.

:D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just want to save others the trouble from the aggrevation of searching online and follow all the instructions that didn't work. The following post by member "burned300" http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199685
is the only one that actually worked on my 2008 Sienna with my Liftmaster Professional Garage Opener because of one minor, but very important detail, that even the Owners Manual got it wrong (or applies to other brands, but not Liftmaster).

Almost all the instructions from all the forums were correct in general: First, you must "sync" the car's Homelink button to your Liftmaster handheld garage opener. Second, then "sync" the Garage Opener head unit with the car's homelink button.

The only tricky part is the that the owners manual and all the other posts said to "Hold the Homlink button AND the handheld transmitter simultaneously for up to 60 seconds". In my case with the Liftmaster, as "burned300" should receive the credit, you have to press the car's Homelink button by itself for about 15 seconds until it starts SLOW FLASH, then, WITHOUT releasing the homelink buitton, press the handheld transmitter simultaneously until the Homelink button starts FAST FLASH. Once this is done, the proceed to the next step, which is very straight forward.

So, if your Homelink don't work, follow the above link to "burned300" posting.

:D
Excellent advice! Wish I had learned that 2 years ago.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got stuck on step 2; the homelink light wouldn't go blink correctly and wouldn't learn the handheld remote. I was getting confounded following this whole process until I actually touched the hand held opener physically to the homelink unit in the toyota. Then all the lights blinked and functioned the way they should.

Apparently, the range of the homelink receiver isn't great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HomeLink 2011 Venza

I got stuck on step 2; the homelink light wouldn't go blink correctly and wouldn't learn the handheld remote. I was getting confounded following this whole process until I actually touched the hand held opener physically to the homelink unit in the toyota. Then all the lights blinked and functioned the way they should.

Apparently, the range of the homelink receiver isn't great.
Had to do a similar thing with my new Venza. This post is high in google so I figured I'd post here.

Held the remote very close to the HomeLink buttons.
Pressed the HomeLink button first and held it down.
Light did not blink.
Held down the Liftmaster remote button.
Light started slow blink after a few seconds,
Kept holding it and then it started to fast blink after a bit of a wait.

Jumped up to the motor and pressed learn.
Pressed and held the HomeLink button until the Liftmaster light blinked once.
Pressed the HomeLink button again and the door started to go down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts