Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2008 Sienna LE, with 29000 miles. I took it for a test drive and didn't notice the whining whistle noise on when I take my foot off the gas pedal at 45 MPH, the noise will last until around 30 MPH, I can go as fast as 55 and start to hear the whistle noise as soon as I let my foot off the gas.

I have taken it to dealership, and have been told nothing is wrong. The noice is loud enough you can hear it over the radio.

I just purchased car last week. The dealership is scheduling a Representive from Toyota to inspect car, but so far, I have been told it's normal, I drove another 2008 that was on the Lot, and it did not make this whining noise.

I hope somebody can help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
U didn't specify where the whistle sound came from. Is there aftermarket bug shield (front), sunroof visor (top) or rear spoiler (back) installed? Last post regarding whistling sound was resolved when the roof rack bars were moved around or turned around as they were put on backwards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went to another dealer today, to have the service department look at it, they took it for a ride with me, and found that if you drive car to 40MPH and let gas off you can hear a whine/whistle moving to Neutral the sound goes away, shifting back to D it comes back, this dealership acknowledge the problem, and stated they have not seen this on a Sienna Yet, they Called Toyota Tech support, and I am waiting for appointment with a toyota support engineer who will also test drive the car. The noise is coming from engine, it can be clearly herd from outside the vehicle as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After several trips to Toyota Dealership, a test drive with a Toyota representive, they concluded that the noise came transaxle.

Parts replaced.

369011 Transaxle Assembly R&R
30510-07010-84 REMAN ATM
90080-17238 NUT, LOCK
00289-ATFWS WORLD STANDARD AUTOM

Other notes on the bill.

FTS Inspection showed a gear whine which was determined to be a normal condition, for customer satisfaction purposes FTS authorized replacement of unit with the understanding that condition may be present in new unit and is normal. technician disassembled vehicle and remove and replaced transaxle assembly technician reassembled vehichle and rechecked.

I can no longer hear the noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts