Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of sudden 2008 won't start.. replaced battery and I do hear fuel pump running.. anyone have an idea what's wrong.. It does try to start..

·
2004 Camry LE
706 Posts
Do you hear any clicking?

Does your engine rotate?

Observe the speedometer needle. Does it bounce?

Good luck,
Sam

·
13,383 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :)

Have you carefully inspected yer fuses? Was any maintenance performed prior to this issue? Any aftermarket mods installed? How many miles on the vehicle? Has this vehicle been in an accident before? Have you checked to make sure you have fuel in the fuel tank? ;)

·
13,383 Posts
One of the best and basic tools you can use to perform electrical diagnostics is a test light. It can confirm power and ground to a device or wiring harness. It won't take a lot of training but logic in the approach on determining where yer not gitting power at. You can find this test light at various stores including yer car parts stores, Harbor Freight, or even a garage sale. Good luck! ;)

·
My Other Truck
3,777 Posts
Check the easy stuff first. Is there gas in the tank? Crack a line to see if fuel is getting to the engine. Are the spark plugs sparking? Has any work been done under the hood recently?

·
5,849 Posts
In order to start, engine needs as follows:
- fuel
- spark
- air
-timing.
With any one of those at fault, engine will not start. Hence, you need to check that you have fuel, spark is good, air filter is good and timing is as it should.

Out of all, as you mentioned that it is "sudden", my first guess will be torn belt, if you have belt. Torn, or skipped. Chains skip too, btw. The other culprits would have built up problems over time. You said pump is whirring - but do you have fuel to injectors?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
ukrkoz
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing