Toyota Nation Forum banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Just placed another OEM parts order:

74612-06030 -- Handle Cover -- $17.79

69284-06010-C0 -- Handle, Inside Plug -- $4.18

These are for the passenger front door and driver front door, respective. I put a new handle cover on the driver door a few months back and it bugs that the passenger is not as shiny and new :)

Also bought some stuff for my 4Runner related to the front differential (plugs and washers) and a replacement bolt for a skid plate. McGeorge Toyota online parts, best OEM pricing I have found!

https://toyotaparts.mcgeorgetoyota.com/

They respond fast and politely on email requests as well; when I don't know a part number and can't find it (try finding bolts and washers/gaskets on these on-line sites - yikes!) they respond super fast. Priority mail so hopefully will have it by the weekend to get it all done.

·
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
P0172 - System too rich bank 1

P0101 - Mass Air Flow Circuit Range/Performance

I was waiting for the day. The old engine burned so much oil I was wondering when the front cat and/or O2 sensors would start giving me issues. I noticed a rich smell yesterday when driving it; could smell the gas burning. Noticed the CEL pop on this afternoon. When I swapped the engine I took a look at the 02 sensors (fuel sensor) and they looked a bit battle hardened.

No time today to do anything on it, so tomorrow I will clean the MAF just as that is the easiest thing to do, but I think I will buy new O2 (fuel) sensors. 248k is a good run on the original ones. I have been really itching to replace the exhaust manifold (which has the cat) so I am going to pull that trigger as well soon.

Note my Camry is Fed emissions, not CA:

Manifold sensor - 89467-06070 - $139.72

Front pipe sensor - 89465-06200 - $108.31

Those are OEM part pricing at the on-line store I have been using. Aftermarket is way less expensive...

·
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Cleaned the MAF today. Was very surprised to see that the two Philiips screws hat hold the MAF in were very, very loose. The sensor moved around quite a bit. Pulled it and it looked clean, but hit it with MAF cleaner a bit, let it dry then put it all back together. Cleared the CEL and the code and pend code (P0101 was the pend code) did not come back. Yet. Going to check those screws again in a few weeks, see if they are vibrating loose.

I am on the fence on the O2 sensors. May go aftermarket for now. I'll keep the OEM ones just in case.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I too am surprised, at 213k miles, when I get on it, I may as well be rolling coal, but no plugged cat or o2 sensor issues. On my 95 Camry, I used Nippon Denso o2 sensors, same as Oem and they did great! Got over 300k on that one, before I gave it to my brother and he destroyed it.

·
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
It's the little things that make a day brighter...

Driver's door:

The little insert disappeared when my daughter had it. I kept snagging the screw head with my nail. Pissed me off. Fixed that.

Passenger Door (front):

I had replaced the driver door handle cover as it was pretty scratched up. That made the passenger door handle pale in comparison. Fixed that.

Take that CDO (in order like GOD INTENDED!!!!) (lol)

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,419 Posts
It's the little things that make a day brighter...

Driver's door:

The little insert disappeared when my daughter had it. I kept snagging the screw head with my nail. Pissed me off. Fixed that.

Passenger Door (front):

I had replaced the driver door handle cover as it was pretty scratched up. That made the passenger door handle pale in comparison. Fixed that.

Take that CDO (in order like GOD INTENDED!!!!) (lol)
Looks very nice !!!

Sent from my A622GL using Tapatalk

·
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Got the AC recharged today. $151. $100 for labor, $41 and change for "supplies". Tax for the rest. I probably should have just hooked a can up and did it myself, but I wanted the levels to be precise. Hopefully this local shop was "precise". I discharged the AC when I pulled the old engine, been running without it since. If I had to do it again I would have pulled the radiator and left the lines attached to the compressor to avoid the discharge/re-charge.

·
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
The Camry shows the outside temp, but I have always been interested in seeing the inside temp as well. So I bought this cool looking gadget:

1.89" across, 0.59" deep, 0.98" tall. It comes pre-wired with a USB cable so I also bought a 12VDC USB dongle thing to hook a power feed to. The temp gauge needs 5VDC so I needed that converter. All of it was cheap. The temp gauge was $12.59 and the converter was $9.89.

I really like the look of this gauge. Comes as C for the readout, but you remove a jumper and it goes to F. I'll find some panel I can pop it into. Think I will get one for the 4Runner as well. And Oh My how I love my DC power unit to test these kinds of things!

Temp gauge

Converter

·
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Nice gadget! I am curious where can you put this temp gauge. I have the 08 xle v6 and want to get one.

No idea yet - not much space anywhere that is visible. I have a plan to pull the dash insert out that contains the clock and put a custom deck in there that can hold things like this, but that is a ways down the road yet. I'll figure someplace and post it up.

·
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #112 (Edited)
I've thought a bunch about the paint. I don't feel like dropping thousands, or many hundreds for a shitty rip off shop paint job. So... I am pretty sure I am going to fill any deep scratches with the paint pen then sand/buff it smooth, fill any deep rock rash kind of things and get that wheel well dent smoothed out, then do this:

https://www.dipyourcar.com/collections/pro-car-kits-by-color/products/motor-oil-car-kit?variant=12099973742660

I like this color, Motor Oil. Should look nice on my Camry with the ash interior. I'll buy their sprayer to match up to their tutorials. Kit to do this for $484. I've rattle can Plasti'ed the hood stripe I put on so know how easy it is to apply and peel off. And I've watched how to fix scratches and bad gouges in the surface for later touch ups. Since the Motor Oil kit is not high gloss the application will be easier and more forgiving. And I am not trying to look too BALLER in the I4, just a nice look. I may go with those wheels as well you see on the product page (whatever is close to it) as I like that color pairing. I am in the market to do that anyway.

Sometime this warm season!

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
I've thought a bunch about the paint. I don't feel like dropping thousands, or many hundreds for a shitty rip off shop paint job. So... I am pretty sure I am going to fill any deep scratches with the paint pen then sand/buff it smooth, fill any deep rock rash kind of things and get that wheel well dent smoothed out, then do this:

https://www.dipyourcar.com/collections/pro-car-kits-by-color/products/motor-oil-car-kit?variant=12099973742660

I like this color, Motor Oil. Should look nice on my Camry with the ash interior. I'll buy their sprayer to match up to their tutorials. Kit to do this for $484. I've rattle can Plasti'ed the hood stripe I put on so know how easy it is to apply and peel off. And I've watched how to fix scratches and bad gouges in the surface for later touch ups. Since the Motor Oil kit is not high gloss the application will be easier and more forgiving. And I am not trying to look too BALLER in the I4, just a nice look. I may go with those wheels as well you see on the product page (whatever is close to it) as I like that color pairing. I am in the market to do that anyway.

Sometime this warm season!
Not much of a fan the plastidip like I explained in the other thread. Vinyl wrapping is hard with angles but it can give you a very nice and uniform look.

·
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
I have a hood off a 'vette (I think that was what it was on) I scored from a junk yard for free I plan to practice on. It's all in the prep and application. I can get the cheapest gallon and hit it, peel it, hit it, peel it, etc. until I am steady with it.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
I have a hood off a 'vette (I think that was what it was on) I scored from a junk yard for free I plan to practice on. It's all in the prep and application. I can get the cheapest gallon and hit it, peel it, hit it, peel it, etc. until I am steady with it.
That is just about all of it. Just from my little experiences with plastidip and vinyl wrapping my roof, I prefer to just pay someone to paint (and fix scratches & rust) whenever I do have that happen. Even the roof, I sorta prefer to just pay someone to vinyl wrap my roof because this is my second try doing it while it does look great, the cutting and tucking of the wrap is not great and I have some "veins" on the end of it. The start of the wrap looks good, the end of the wrap has the "veins".

·
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
With the swing in temps (40 degree swing from yesterday to today as example) and the high chance of showers over the next few months., I figured it was time to pull the trigger on some window visors. Every time I crack the windows to keep the heat from building to nuclear level the rainstorms drift in and either soak the seat or, as was the case last week, deposit a lot of hail into the seat (even with a small crack).

So I researched and bought these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W2KVQBZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheapest option on Amazon, but had the best ratio of positive/high reviews. Could all be crap, but for $39, what the hell.

They do look nice. I am not 100% sold on outer window attachment as I think it will come off too quickly, but if it does I can always put new auto tape on it to re-secure. Many in-channel options gave poor fit reviews for this model Camry.

Installed:

Pros:

Low cost
Looks nice
Chrome strip matches OEM for clean look
Easy install

Cons:

The fit is touchy. The driver window runs are a tad long and overhang onto the passenger pillar a tad.
The tape strip is tricky to get off and not peel off the entire tape. Super sticky and it wants to pull it all off, so you have to be mindful.
No alcohol prep pads in the kit
Have to be super careful with the placement: once you stick it it is stuck (which in some ways may be a Pro)

We shall see how they hold up, and if I get some bad wind noise.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
With the swing in temps (40 degree swing from yesterday to today as example) and the high chance of showers over the next few months., I figured it was time to pull the trigger on some window visors. Every time I crack the windows to keep the heat from building to nuclear level the rainstorms drift in and either soak the seat or, as was the case last week, deposit a lot of hail into the seat (even with a small crack).

So I researched and bought these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W2KVQBZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheapest option on Amazon, but had the best ratio of positive/high reviews. Could all be crap, but for $39, what the hell.

They do look nice. I am not 100% sold on outer window attachment as I think it will come off too quickly, but if it does I can always put new auto tape on it to re-secure. Many in-channel options gave poor fit reviews for this model Camry.

Installed:

Pros:

Low cost
Looks nice
Chrome strip matches OEM for clean look
Easy install

Cons:

The fit is touchy. The driver window runs are a tad long and overhang onto the passenger pillar a tad.
The tape strip is tricky to get off and not peel off the entire tape. Super sticky and it wants to pull it all off, so you have to be mindful.
No alcohol prep pads in the kit
Have to be super careful with the placement: once you stick it it is stuck (which in some ways may be a Pro)

We shall see how they hold up, and if I get some bad wind noise.
WeatherTech in-line visors work great for me. A bit expensive but worth the money. I was able to warranty my front ones about four years after I bought them because when I first bought them I had broken some of the plastic that sits near the side mirrors. The rear ones are 3m taped in and those are not coming out ever.

101 - 119 of 119 Posts
About this Discussion
118 Replies
10 Participants
SFCamry
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing