Toyota Nation Forum banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,456 Posts
Did you ever order the R4 decoders for the 9005 DRL / high beams ?? Your lights will look even better.
Glenn

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #143 (Edited)
Ran a dedicated wire for the dash cam today. I hate wires hanging around. This cam uses a USB micro B connector so I had to order a wire. 15' and has the normal USB on the other end. So I cut the USB end off, ran the wire down the driver side A pillar, under the dash, into the compartment under the HU, and wired in a 12VDC - 5VDC unit to feed the proper voltage to the cam. Put an inline fuse in and ran it into my power block I posted about prior. Nice and clean now:

I need to clean more old tint adhesive off the back windshield so I can hook up the rear facing cam.

Because of where I work, I cannot video record in certain areas, so instead of reaching around to this side of the cam to power it off I will be installing a rocker switch in the overhead console. Those will be here Monday, along with some connector goodies:

I've gotten pretty good (excellent grammar there) at making the Molex style connectors, so I plan to clean up my power block. The kit I ordered has from 2 - 9 pin connectors so I plan to make some cleaner wire bundles and run all the accessories into a small fuse block. It's messy in the compartment now and that bugs me. Rather than have all these 2-pin connectors form all these accessories (power rear view mirror, dash cam, harnesses for the HU, various USB ports, etc.) I plan to make a wire bundle and pin-out everything. Pleases me to think of a nice 6-pin or 9-pin connector harness that splits off to the devices. I can jump power to all the backside slots so I keep one power wire running to ACC, and do the same for the grounds. Clean.

·
AllThingsToyotaEnthusiast
Gen 6.5 Camry SE
389 Posts
Excellent restore/upgrade job! I bought an `11 SE V6 with black leather interior. What a transition color makes from my 07 XLE with grey interior and odd light colored faux-wood trim. My first task was to add radar detector and a Gentex mirror. I wired the mirror to only function Garage Door buttons while car is ON as I didn't want another security risk. The same power source went to my radar detector as well. It sits comfortably behind the Gentex mirror and it might be just a one-off but seems to be much more precise sitting hidden behind the mirror.

If you haven't already replaced your headlights, do yourself a favor and avoid replacements for the 07-09 models and get a Gen 6.5 kit. These are WAY better and only require a slight notch cut from your bumper to install properly. Some other guys around here have done it with great success. The 6.5 kits are easily found on Ebay and Amazon.
Here's the one I'm eventually getting: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075R6FF2G

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
5,144 Posts
Excellent restore/upgrade job! I bought an `11 SE V6 with black leather interior. What a transition color makes from my 07 XLE with grey interior and odd light colored faux-wood trim. My first task was to add radar detector and a Gentex mirror. I wired the mirror to only function Garage Door buttons while car is ON as I didn't want another security risk. The same power source went to my radar detector as well. It sits comfortably behind the Gentex mirror and it might be just a one-off but seems to be much more precise sitting hidden behind the mirror.

If you haven't already replaced your headlights, do yourself a favor and avoid replacements for the 07-09 models and get a Gen 6.5 kit. These are WAY better and only require a slight notch cut from your bumper to install properly. Some other guys around here have done it with great success. The 6.5 kits are easily found on Ebay and Amazon.
Here's the one I'm eventually getting: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075R6FF2G
I personally have not been fond of the Gen 6.5 facelift. The Gen 6 is much subdued and with an RK Sport body kit it competes the look. The facelift may be better for the SE though.

·
AllThingsToyotaEnthusiast
Gen 6.5 Camry SE
389 Posts
I personally have not been fond of the Gen 6.5 facelift. The Gen 6 is much subdued and with an RK Sport body kit it competes the look. The facelift may be better for the SE though.
I was the same way. Hard set on the Gen 6 design, but adding the Gen 6.5 headlights to a Gen6 bumper is invisible as the un-notched section of the bumper hides the 6.5 headlight bulge. It will appear as you have a custom Gen6 headlight. It's hard to explain without pictures, but the lower line does not change. The cut is on the flat edge to allow the headlight to dip below. I was headed this direction with my 07, but wound up selling it after I bought the 11.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts