Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I just installed a set of brand new wheels straight off the Subaru BRZ. I'm having an issue programming the new TPMS using the Techstream instructions off this forum. I went by my local Costco to have the RFID (in Decimal) pulled. Here's what I have:

I converted the ID from Decimal to Hex and this is what I came up with:

0E9F119
0E9F3BB
0E9F3B7
0E9F3DF

I was able to input the 7-hexadecimal value into Techstream. I ended up with a C2126 code "Transmitter ID Not Received (Main)." Does anyone have any experience with this and should the TPMS be compatible? Is my conversion correct?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Don't know a thing about Techstream, but I do know the XRS doesn't have the 5x100 bolt pattern the 1.8L Corolla and FRS/BRZ share. Are you running adapters?
Lets take a look!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You may want to check your information because all Corolla's of this year model have the same bolt pattern. I'm only using 5mm spacers.

·
Registered
747 Posts
No shit? I figured since it had the 2.4L it came with the 5x114.3 hub. The 1.8L has the 5x100. Well that's how it is on the Corolla-Matrix S and XRS. Learn something new.:laugh:

Don't look bad!

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,302 Posts
Don't know a thing about Techstream, but I do know the XRS doesn't have the 5x100 bolt pattern the 1.8L Corolla and FRS/BRZ share. Are you running adapters?
Lets take a look!
All 10th gen Corollas from 2009-13 have the same 5x100 bolt pattern, even the XRS. :wink:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Did your ever figure this out? Put a set of FR-S wheels onto a 2010 Corolla and even after programming it with the TPMS Quikset, I still can't get the car ECU to recognize the sensors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The TPMS is not compatible with this model Corolla. It may work with the 11th gen but I have not tried.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,302 Posts
Hi,

Did your ever figure this out? Put a set of FR-S wheels onto a 2010 Corolla and even after programming it with the TPMS Quikset, I still can't get the car ECU to recognize the sensors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I had DT install a new set of sensors that could be cloned for my Corolla on my FRS winter wheels. Worked like a charm. :wink:

·
YotaRolla
63 Posts
I had DT install a new set of sensors that could be cloned for my Corolla on my FRS winter wheels. Worked like a charm. :wink:
THREAD REVIVAL
Haha sorry about this guys, but I don't know enough about wheels and the sensors.

I have an opportunity to get some BRZ wheels for my 2009 S, for cheap and was wondering if I can just throw them on and be good or if there is anything more that needs to be done to outfit them onto my corolla.

Thanks!

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,302 Posts
THREAD REVIVAL
Haha sorry about this guys, but I don't know enough about wheels and the sensors.

I have an opportunity to get some BRZ wheels for my 2009 S, for cheap and was wondering if I can just throw them on and be good or if there is anything more that needs to be done to outfit them onto my corolla.

Thanks!
I answered this in your PM but for others its all in this thread. The FRS/BRZ wheels have a 48mm offset so some spacers need to be used. This is what you want to find in a spacer.

Billet Aluminum Material
5x100 mm bolt pattern
20mm or 25mm will work fine
54.1mm center bore
Hubcentric

If you don't want the tire pressure light on than buy another set of sensors and have them programmed for you from you local tire shop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hate to beat a dead horse especially this far past it’s last post but just picked up some BRZ wheels for my 09 s and I’m trying to figure out what’s the smallest spacer I can use to make these wheels work. I don’t want to sit flush with the wheel well that doesn’t bother me that it will sit in. And if 5mm is the smallest will I need extended studs to finish it out?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,302 Posts
Hate to beat a dead horse especially this far past it’s last post but just picked up some BRZ wheels for my 09 s and I’m trying to figure out what’s the smallest spacer I can use to make these wheels work. I don’t want to sit flush with the wheel well that doesn’t bother me that it will sit in. And if 5mm is the smallest will I need extended studs to finish it out?
If you use a 5mm spacer you will need extended studs but it will look terrible with the wheels so sucked in. Use a spacer that has new studs on it so you can just bolt them on. I use 20mm most of the time and they fit and look great. The smallest I would use are 15mm. Just use ones built from billet aluminum and that are hubcentric with a 54.1mm bore.

Here are some pics of some of my various sizes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you use a 5mm spacer you will need extended studs but it will look terrible with the wheels so sucked in. Use a spacer that has new studs on it so you can just bolt them on. I use 20mm most of the time and they fit and look great. The smallest I would use are 15mm. Just use ones built from billet aluminum and that are hubcentric with a 54.1mm bore.

Here are some pics of some of my various sizes.
Would I be able to use the stock lugs I have or do most come with new lugs? Is there really any threat on added wheel bearing failure due to the spacers? Daily driver but I drive maybe 10miles a day

·
06SpduBcaB
20 Posts
Or.... You could just disable the tpms altogether?;)

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,302 Posts
Would I be able to use the stock lugs I have or do most come with new lugs? Is there really any threat on added wheel bearing failure due to the spacers? Daily driver but I drive maybe 10miles a day
When you buy the spacers as I showed in the previous picture they come with lug nuts to attach the spacers to the hub. Your FR-S wheels use an acorn type lug nut so if you already have that type you are set. If you use a 15mm or 20mm spacer the studs will be longer than the spacer is wide but if you look on the back of the FR-S wheels that have a hole where the stud will extend, so no worries. You shouldn't have any issues with your wheels bearings on such a setup. If you are really concerned that stick with the 15mm spacer but the 20mm will look better and not cause issues. My normal summer wheels are in the same range as if you used a 25mm spacer with the FR-S wheels and my wheel bearings are still in good shape with 103k miles.

Here is the back of the wheel.

Here is the spacer mounted. As you can see once it's mounted it's just like your normal hub.

·
Registered
37 Posts
1 inch spacers wouldnt be too much for a 48 offset.. mine do not pop out with 25mm spacers and i have a 40 offset vs stock 33. also, my 114x5 spacer adapters are absolutely not hub centric and have not had any problem this summer with them. Doesnt mean I wont run into an issue later on...

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,302 Posts
1 inch spacers wouldnt be too much for a 48 offset.. mine do not pop out with 25mm spacers and i have a 40 offset vs stock 33. also, my 114x5 spacer adapters are absolutely not hub centric and have not had any problem this summer with them. Doesnt mean I wont run into an issue later on...
Always best to get hub centric spacers. Why not get them instead of spacers that aren't hub centric when they are easily found?

·
Registered
37 Posts
couldnt find them at a reasonnable price. the one i got have no lip to adapt to the 73mm wheels hubs and also arent centric to the car's 54mm hub. finding 54 to 73,1 spacers (and 5x100 to 5x114 adapters) would reduce my choice to basically only one supplier and i think it would be about 100$ per spacer before shipping when mine cost only a fraction of this (under 150 for all 4 shipped)...

I figured i would stop if its falling down and I retorqued the bolts on them after 500miles. all seems right, no wobbling (for now)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anybody use the squirrelly brand spacers. Makes the BRZ wheels hubcentric just have to take them on and off to use my stock wheels.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts