Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,302 Posts
couldnt find them at a reasonnable price. the one i got have no lip to adapt to the 73mm wheels hubs and also arent centric to the car's 54mm hub. finding 54 to 73,1 spacers (and 5x100 to 5x114 adapters) would reduce my choice to basically only one supplier and i think it would be about 100$ per spacer before shipping when mine cost only a fraction of this (under 150 for all 4 shipped)...

I figured i would stop if its falling down and I retorqued the bolts on them after 500miles. all seems right, no wobbling (for now)
They are all over eBay for $150 or less shipped for a set of 4. These come in all sizes for all cars. I had no problems finding a high quality set of hub centric spacers made from billet aluminum.

·
Slow AF
99 Posts
Would I be able to use the stock lugs I have or do most come with new lugs? Is there really any threat on added wheel bearing failure due to the spacers? Daily driver but I drive maybe 10miles a day
I am running 25MM spacers on my matrix. I bought a set of 5mm spacers and tried them but they werent even close to the look i was going for... that being said, with a 5mm spacer, you willl need longer wheel studs as there is not enough thread engagement. Also the bore of the wheel will not sit properly on the hub and you will get vibrations. This will eventually lead to the studs failing.

insufficent thread engagement and wheel vibration means disaster, 10/10 would not recommend running spacers and wheels like that

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am running 25MM spacers on my matrix. I bought a set of 5mm spacers and tried them but they werent even close to the look i was going for... that being said, with a 5mm spacer, you willl need longer wheel studs as there is not enough thread engagement. Also the bore of the wheel will not sit properly on the hub and you will get vibrations. This will eventually lead to the studs failing.

insufficent thread engagement and wheel vibration means disaster, 10/10 would not recommend running spacers and wheels like that
Found a decent deal on 25mm spacers and ordered those last night along with a set of open end lugs. But i will only use spacers for the BRZ wheels. And because I ordered spacers that have the 56.1 bore.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,302 Posts
Found a decent deal on 25mm spacers and ordered those last night along with a set of open end lugs. But i will only use spacers for the BRZ wheels. And because I ordered spacers that have the 56.1 bore.
You should have ordered the spacers with the 54.1mm bore so it's a perfect fit on the Toyota hubs. Then you get a centering ring for the BRZ wheels so the fit the 54.1mm spacer. That's why I posted everything you would need so it would make it easy. I only use the spacers on my FRS wheels too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You should have ordered the spacers with the 54.1mm bore so it's a perfect fit on the Toyota hubs. Then you get a centering ring for the BRZ wheels so the fit the 54.1mm spacer. That's why I posted everything you would need so it would make it easy. I only use the spacers on my FRS wheels too.
When I decided to order I felt a little more comfortable with the 56.1 hub bore for the wheels.

Most cost effective route considering I don’t know how I will like the setup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When I decided to order I felt a little more comfortable with the 56.1 hub bore for the wheels.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,302 Posts
Why? That's not the proper size hub of the Corolla? Always buy the correct hub size for the car that the spacer is going on. Now you have a spacer that has a 2mm larger bore so now you could end up with vibrations due to the fact that it doesn't fit the Corolla hub tightly.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts