Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I just got a 2009 Matrix XR a few weeks ago. Overall I like the car, but the noise of things sliding around and bouncing around the cargo area is driving me crazy. I had Protege 5 before and I never noticed it once on that car.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with aftermarket cargo liners? I see one made by husky at http://www.autoanything.com/cargo-liners/64A1467A0A0.aspx that looks like it might work.

I'm also looking for a decent cargo net that would work with one of these liners and a cover that might be better than the one that comes with the actual car.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm in Toronto so I would need to be able to get delivery to Canada.

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok... let's try a different question.

What are some of the things you have done to keeps things from flying around in the cargo area and to reduce the banging noise everytime you hit a bump or pothole?

Any help appreciated....

Thanks.

·
Gearhead
2,123 Posts
Our 2009 Matrix XRS has the OEM carpet mat in the back. To prevent stuff from sliding around - I just tossed in some old rubber floormats. Keeps the bigger stuff from sliding around - you don't see it from the outside when the cargo cover is in place.

An aftermarket cargo tray might be useful if I plan on carrying anything that could spill in the back. For small items that are easily bumped around - I just toss them in those collapsible canvas boxes. Freestanding once you set them up - then folds flat when you don't need them.

Something like this:

As for netting - I've used only for round objects that I know will roll around regardless of which I put down.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Everyone, just thought I'd finish this thread up the best I could.

I've ordered and received the cargo line I included above and it works alright. I wouldn't say it's fantastic, but it does minimize sliding around and the fit is decent. I think it will be worth the hundred bucks.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts