Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

I am new to this site and have been looking through a lot of the forums trying to get some answers to a few questions regarding the audio system in the RAV4 and ways to improve it

I am going to be taking delivery of a 2009 RAV4 V6 Sport. It has the regular 6 disc changer without the nav. I have been debating on whether to purchase the nav system and have it installed by the dealership. I have a Garmin already but I am enticed by the cleanliness of having an in dash nav system. The question is...is it worth the $1600 installed cost?

I know that the Limited version offers the JBL upgrade and has 9 speakers instead of the regular 6. I am curious as to whether a non-JBL RAV4 has the cutouts for the other speakers and if they can be installed without using the JBL head unit. I am also considering purchasing the JBL head unit if installation will not be a nightmare.

My dealer is a good guy...just not that informed on all of this stuff.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I like the aftermarket stuff better, but one advantage of having the dealer option item installed is you can suck the cost into the price of the car and pay it off over the length of the loan. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts