Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys I'm new here bu,t I've got an 09 tacoma with the SRS fault light on. I've used the jumper trick to verify that code. I have lifted both seats and unplugged all the connectors and reconnected them. Then I did the step on the brake thing to reset it and it worked until I drove it out of the driveway to get my safety inspection. I retraced the previous steps but it wont reset. So I remove the connectors from the spiral cable to check if it is bad will I need a diagnostic tool to reset the SRS system?

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
12,258 Posts
hey guys I'm new here bu,t I've got an 09 tacoma with the SRS fault light on. I've used the jumper trick to verify that code. I have lifted both seats and unplugged all the connectors and reconnected them. Then I did the step on the brake thing to reset it and it worked until I drove it out of the driveway to get my safety inspection. I retraced the previous steps but it wont reset. So I remove the connectors from the spiral cable to check if it is bad will I need a diagnostic tool to reset the SRS system?
The way I read this that Spiral Cable is covered in this Airbag Recall, Your 2009 is on the list!

Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. said Wednesday it will recall approximately 1.3 million 2009-'10 Corolla, 2009-'10 Matrix, 2008-'10 Highlander, 2009-'10 Tacoma, 2006-'08 RAV4 and 2006-'10 Yaris vehicles because of a problem that could cause the driver's airbag to deactivate in a crash.
"The driver's airbag module in the involved vehicles is attached to a spiral cable assembly with electrical connections that could become damaged when the steering wheel is turned," Toyota said in a statement posted on its U.S. Web site. "If this occurs, the airbag warning lamp will illuminate. In addition, the driver's airbag could become deactivated, causing it not to deploy in the event of a crash."
Toyota said it is not aware of any injuries or fatalities linked to this recall.

Toyota dealers will replace the spiral cable with an improved one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts