Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
'04 Prius
444 Posts
I was just wanderin if anyone has this feature on there 2009 truck and how it works?
I sell the truck but don't have that system in my truck. The way it works is that you pair the phone using the voice talk switch and it guides you through the setup. Once its connected and a call comes it you answer using the unhook switch and talk normally. You hear the other persons voice through the speakers. You have the ability to put your phonebook in the truck phonebook as well. Any other explanation needed?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok...newbie here, as I just got my truck a few days ago. I have an 09 DC TRD Sport with the Bluetooth and have my phone paired and it works great for me. But I haven't been able to figure out how to transfer my phone's address book. Does anyone know how to transfer your phonebook? assuming this is an option? When I try to do it, it only does the first entry in my phonebook.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
'04 Prius
444 Posts
Ok...newbie here, as I just got my truck a few days ago. I have an 09 DC TRD Sport with the Bluetooth and have my phone paired and it works great for me. But I haven't been able to figure out how to transfer my phone's address book. Does anyone know how to transfer your phonebook? assuming this is an option? When I try to do it, it only does the first entry in my phonebook.

Thanks for any help!
This has been a known problem with alot of vehicles in toyotas lineup that you can't transfer the entire phonebook. Only thing I've found is that you have to enter one by one or use the voice dial using the voice command button.

·
Registered
370 Posts
i couldn't transfer my phone book so i always hit the voice dialing button on my phone and dial the number and the call happens via bluetooth. i love this feature. it's nice to keep both hands on the wheel and not irradiate my head.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the 09 DC with the bluetooth and yes you have to enter your phonebook one at a time. But it is still great to have and it works well.

·
Taco Salad!!
2007 Tacoma DC LB
552 Posts
I wonder if these bluetooth controls could be retroed to an 07, and would work with the PAC SWI steering wheel control adapter to hook up to the bluetooth in my pioneer head unit. That would be sweet!

·
Registered
09 TRD Sport DBL
9 Posts
IIRC the mic is actually integrated into the rear view mirror, you can see it just above the glass mirror.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know how to turn down the ring volume on the bluetooth? Every time it rings in my truck it nearly stops my heart.

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma
271 Posts
Thats sweet,

The headset really hurts my ear after a while, I end up missing calls trying to get it on my head in time. Please let me know how the install goes 000 Did you buy a radio from Toyota and have it installed? It would be nice to get the audio in too. I have a USA Spec now with the ipod control but its does not work all that well. GM is using a USB connection in the new camaro. I wonder how that works. It woudl be worth buying a new toyota radio if it did all that.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Yes the volume does come loud when it rings. You need to turn it down while it is ringing. This is the only way to turn it down, it has to be done while it is ringing. never had a problem since and the setting stayed. Just remember next time it rings to turn it down from the steering wheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes the volume does come loud when it rings. You need to turn it down while it is ringing. This is the only way to turn it down, it has to be done while it is ringing. never had a problem since and the setting stayed. Just remember next time it rings to turn it down from the steering wheel.
Good to know, thanks.

·
Registered
09 TRD Sport DBL
9 Posts
Yep, I didn't figure this out until about month after buying the truck. It really does scare the crap out of you at the stock volume level. In fact, my passengers would also jump up in the seats too! Was hilarious at first but I am much happier with it now that I have turned it down. Otherwise its been an awesome option.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thats sweet,

The headset really hurts my ear after a while, I end up missing calls trying to get it on my head in time. Please let me know how the install goes 000 Did you buy a radio from Toyota and have it installed? It would be nice to get the audio in too. I have a USA Spec now with the ipod control but its does not work all that well. GM is using a USB connection in the new camaro. I wonder how that works. It woudl be worth buying a new toyota radio if it did all that.

this install went well. they put the mic next to the 4x4 button
but im having trouble making calls.. the only way i can do it is to dial the # on the phone. can this voice dial? how do you do it?
and what are you guys talking about phone book?

thanks,

·
Registered
2007 Tacoma
271 Posts
this install went well. they put the mic next to the 4x4 button
but im having trouble making calls.. the only way i can do it is to dial the # on the phone. can this voice dial? how do you do it?
and what are you guys talking about phone book?

thanks,
Can you post some pics? Did they replace your radio with an 09 Toyota radio? need more detail please. :confused: How much $$$?

·
Registered
52 Posts
the salesman just through it in!! the truck is 09.
they never replaced the radio. The one I have is the Blu Logic..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bluetooth

Any one ever heard of the factory Bluetooth that is an option for the 09 /10 double cab being put into the 09/10 access cab? My dealer says it cant be done but I find this hard to believe.

·
Registered
45 Posts
FYI, Address book sychronization usually has more to do with the phone's limitations than the hands-free device.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts