Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

After the withdrawal of the Camry from European markets in 2004 due to long-term poor sales, the Avensis became <st1:city st="on"><st1:place st="on">Toyota</st1:place></st1:city>’s largest offering in the continent. The current, second-generation Avensis has been available in <st1:place st="on">Europe</st1:place> since 2003 (having received a mild-facelift in 2006) competing against the likes of the Ford Mondeo, Peugeot 407 and VW Passat. <o:p></o:p> In the face of new competition, <st1:city st="on"><st1:place st="on">Toyota</st1:place></st1:city> is planning to reveal a successor to the Avensis II that will be offered in both sedan and station-wagon variants towards the end of 2008 or early 2009. Now, whether or not the new Avensis will look like the car featured in this scanned rendering that was sent to us by one of our readers, your guess is as good as ours…

[Source: http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/07/2009-toyota-avensis-sedan-rendering.html]

·
Saloon Fanatic
1994 Corolla DX
705 Posts
I think avensis sedan is this :

Klik here for more picture.
I believe you are right. This is a very updated car and is more likely to be competitve against the likes of the current offerings in europe such as the mondeo. Its a tough market and you have to be on top of current trends to stay alive over there. I would for one, buy this car if it were here, as long as the interior was just as nice. Reminds me a little of the tsx/euro accord and the current IS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts