Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's got to be the shortest tuner turnaround time ever. Toyota unveiled the new Corolla and within minutes took the wraps off this SEMAfied version, dubbed the S3. Much like the Matrix Rally that shared the stage, the S3 is fitted with a supercharger and an intercooler, a set of awkwardly sized and horrendously designed dubs, plus some body adornments and interior trim that makes it everything a Corolla isn't.
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/31/sema-2007-2009-toyota-corolla-s3/

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Also a video!
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fjddjf6aS0U&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fjddjf6aS0U&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Going to rainforest, BRB
1,549 Posts
The XRS is indeed back, but with a modified Camry 2.4L engine. Not sure about the dual vvti though....

·
Registered
412 Posts
Find it funny how when you first log on this site theres a link to info on the new corolla. XRS comes with the 2az with a paultry 158 hp. Will be available in manual or auto and manual is just a 5 speed. I'm a lil dissapointed in the engine offerings but I like the layout of the rest of the car. I mean at least the 2az has plenty of aftermarket support but stock its just pathetic next to the k series and even nissan's qr engines now. Hopefully the new four banger toyota is gonna be debuting in the next year or two will be a nice improvement on the 2az. Keep the displacement but more peak hp.

·
Blaaaa.blaaa.blaaaa
31 Posts
It's great that Toyota made the XRS'S with a little show n go. It seems that Toyota wants people to modify their vehicles instead of thinking of it being bland and boring. People are scared to take Toyota vehicles to another level. Seriously they didn't display the xrs's modified for nothing.!! :lol:

I do agree the wheels don't look to good on the vehicle. But they did design the car in cali--aka lowrider nation...

·
Blaaaa.blaaa.blaaaa
31 Posts
It's great that Toyota made the XRS'S with a little show n go. It seems that Toyota wants people to modify their vehicles instead of thinking of it being bland and boring. People are scared to take Toyota vehicles to another level. Seriously they didn't display the xrs's modified for nothing.!! :lol:

I do agree the wheels don't look to good on the vehicle. But they did design the car in cali--aka lowrider nation...

·
2014.5 Toyota Camry SE
164 Posts
And those wheels do look like ass, but at least they tried to modify it. If I wasn't getting a Tacoma next year, I'd take a serious look at one of these. Hell, my wife just might anyway.

·
My celica loves twistys.
659 Posts
looks great, cant wait till they are on the steets representing that toyota can be conservative but also fun ^.^b

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
17 Participants
CharmCityES
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing