Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a 2009 Toyota Corolla stock stereo with the CD player and the volume only goes up so loud. Is there any way to make it so I can turn it up louder?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,870 Posts
Hi everyone I have a 2009 Toyota Corolla stock stereo with the CD player and the volume only goes up so loud. Is there any way to make it so I can turn it up louder?
So if it's working properly you could add an amplifier and upgrade your speakers.

·
Registered
108 Posts
click on the tune or volume buttons, one will let you see if Bass/trebble are adjusted down. Volume should start being quite loud enough around 20, I rarely turn it up at 30 or more, I think 25 is the max my ears will endure, Under 15, volume is rather low but I think I hear it ok until about 6.

Also. verify that all speakers are working by moving the balance from front right to front left to back left to back right, all 4 should be equaly loud. I once had the driver's door speakers unplugged and it really had a big impact on the music (my temporary fix to it was to bring the balance all to the back, so it would sound even)

Also, compare the radio to the CD player, maybe you only have an issue with CD volumes and not broadcasts?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also have a 2009 with factory radio/CD player. The right knob is a multi functional knob. If you push on it once it will show bass level, push it again and it will show treble level, again and it shows balance and finally fade. Adjust to your liking but if the bass and treble and all the way to the minus (-), then it will not play very loud. Also this system has a sub that is crucial to the over all sound. Also the CD player is always softer in volume that the radio on mine. I need to run the CD player at about 32 on volume compared to 20 or 22 for the radio. Hope this helps.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,870 Posts
You could also upgrade your head unit to something newer with better sound. You can get a lot for very little money these days.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you are do DIY type of person, then you could go to Crutchfield.com and get something to replace your stock radio if it is defective, or upgrade the speakers, which will make a tremendous sound improvement to your system. I like my stock radio and with me upgrading the speakers in the rear deck to some quality Infinity three way speakers it really sounds great. The two front door speakers are the woofers and give decent bass. Not brain rattling but good enough. Just my opinion and things I have done to improve and I like it a lot now.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am very surprised your stock radio still works. They are not know for being very reliable. My first one started showing weird symbols after a few years. I replaced it and the 2nd one did the same. I think the how temps of our area messes up the radio. Anyway, I changed it to an aftermarket one and other than losing steering wheel control, it sounds much better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So if it's working properly you could add an amplifier and upgrade your speakers.
No it's all adjusted right. Its like the volume knob has a I don't know how to explain it except in c
No it's not that have bass on 2 treble on 5. Its like the volume knob only turns up so much which is plenty loud for some but not me the stock stereo sounds pretty good even max volume has no distortion. It almost feels like there is a spring or clip stopping the knob from being turned up past that point. Probably as a safety precation so as not the scare the old ladies that usually are the ones that are driving Toyota Corollas well this 57 year old lady likes her heavy metal music pumping loud help get that throttlestop off my knob!!! LOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
In the XLE model it has an upgraded stereo. I believe it is a JBL head unit and with tweeters up on the doors by the outside mirrors. Woofers in the front doors and 6X9 full range in the rear deck. Those rear deck speakers leave a lot to be desired, so that is why I installed some Infinity 6X9's three ways back there..This thing really impressed me and I am pretty fussy on sound performance.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,870 Posts
In the XLE model it has an upgraded stereo. I believe it is a JBL head unit and with tweeters up on the doors by the outside mirrors. Woofers in the front doors and 6X9 full range in the rear deck. Those rear deck speakers leave a lot to be desired, so that is why I installed some Infinity 6X9's three ways back there..This thing really impressed me and I am pretty fussy on sound performance.
I listened to all 3 levels of stereos when I bought my 2009 Corolla S and the JBL system was 10x better, The speakers and digital amplifier made a huge difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts