Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Toyota Tacoma has played second fiddle to darn near everybody for its entire life. Early on it was the domestics, now its the full size Toyota Tundra. That doesn't mean its standing still as far as updates go. We managed to find this dealer product brief buried within the Toyota Nation forums cataloging, detailing what buyers can expect to see on the sales floor soon. The most notable upgrades including the audio system, LED tail lights, and a new backup camera.

The camera system comes with a 2.5" dash mounted monitor and will help prevent you from running over Tiny Tim if those bright new LED lights don't catch his eye. Inside there's a new aux-input for MP3 players, an MP3 enabled CD player, and new under-seat storage in the Access cab models. The trucks also get standard traction control systems and "smoked" headlight lenses along with an assortment of other stuff that awaits those willing to read through the dealer data HERE.
http://jalopnik.com/391367/2009-toyota-tacoma-to-get-better-fiddle-argent+painted-grille

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ya I work at a toyota dealership and i noticed a couple things.

1. door panels. instead of having the long storage area/bottleholders are not stretched out like before, and are designed just for the bottle holder function.
2. the center lower part of the dash under the stereo is changed. (where your cig lighter is) it's not cut out and the audillary is in there along with a couple of empty spots for switches. I personally love the cut out cause if you wanna do some switches and stuff, it can be a clean install.
3. all the mirrors i think are now automatic dimming along with the ccamera.
4. smoked headlights are not a standard and you get it depending on the package.
5. tail lights are all new. they fairly have the same look but all LEDs
6.PAINNTTTT. The green is back and also a dark metalic gray which i believe looks sick with the smoked headlights, and can handle the scratches better than the black.

And i think that's it. upgrades are great but the cost of these tacos have gone up even more. sooo basically you are paying for all the upgrades soo you can do em yourself for less.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
mongoose_71
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing