Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
That is the problem some of the yards I have contacted pull the ECUs and can’t guarantee it doesn’t have an immobilizer. But you are the second person to recommend keystone.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
8,855 Posts
It looks like the immobilizer is a separate ECU according to my finding on Google. But, it would really help if we know what the key looks like.

Edit : whomever you dealt with at the dealer is squeezing a heck of money from you. It's very apparent you don't need the immobilizer ECU. My findings show it's a separate computer. Here's what a dealer will charge for the ECU. Note, I selected 2009 matrix 1.8 liter engine with automatic transmission.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So I found one on eBay with identical numbers. I’ll know by the end of the week if it works. It’s worth 50 bucks to take a shot. Car has been down for a couple of months.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yes tried it. I recently bought a. Used ecu with identical numbers from eBay. I’ll know by the end of the week if it works. My locksmith wants to copy the program if it does. He is scratching his head trying to fix this issue also. He is the guy the dealership calls when they can’t fix it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well no such luck. Ecu fires the coil packs for a few seconds then shuts off. Anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Next question. I have noticed buzzing coming from around the throttle body when the key is on position. Could this be linked to ecu problem?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts