Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2010 Tundra Crew Platinum 4x4 Flex Fuel 5.7

Howdy everyone I'm new to the forum and to Toyota. I bought a 2010 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Platinum 4x4 Flex Fuel 5.7. I currently have 6120 miles on the vehicle and have been having the problems with the vehicle for the whole time. Several of the mentioned reasons above apply to me also. I bought the truck in April 2010 with 30 miles on it. Brand New with me being the driver of it for 99% of the time.

A lot of times when I do a hard braking then resume acceleration I get the 'Rev and Lunge' as I now call it. The RPM's shoot up to about 2500 to 3k with no response from the transmission. Also, when I do the brake then turn I will get the same response frequently. I have noticed that up or down hill braking then accelerating has caused the problem to happen more times than others. My MAIN concern happened when I was at a complete stop at a light. Early morning no traffic and I came off the brakes and went to accelerate. RPM's shot up, and broke traction in tires when it finally decided to go into gear, so I let off the pedal and slowly went back into it. It did a quick rinse and repeat of what it just did. This happened after about 15 minutes of previous driving from leaving the house, so the engine and transmission should have been warmed up by then. Keep in mind I do not drive fast or reckless with my truck as I am still in the 'Its my new baby stage'. I have been hesitant ever since every time I accelerate now, making my vehicle not as much fun to drive.

Now to the next. The 'Rev then Brake' problem. Any quick feathering of the acceleration will cause a revving of the RPM's to 2500 to 3k and while its revving the truck noticeably slows down like it is braking. It is not a lack of acceleration slowing, it is a noticeable slowing of the vehicle from some other source. Either the transmission or the brakes.

Going over speed bumps, railroad tracks or bumpy roads will cause the revving then engaging sometimes.

Called Toyota Customer Care. Really friendly service with them and got a case # which they also sent over to the Service Department of the local dealer. I went into the Service Department today and did some test drives with the Service Manager. No luck on replicating the problem, but he did get them to start a Detailed Report with everything I described to him. So hopefully he will find some information and I will quickly report it to everyone here. I will also drive him to some of the trouble areas where the problem seems to occur more frequently.

Just remember, this is your vehicle. If you are having problems do not hesitate to report them. Toyotas are still quality vehicles and everyone's input helps keep them that way. I love my truck and wouldn't trade it for any other out there, but I do expect the quality for what I paid for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have experienced similar phenomenon with my 2010. I seems to be stuck in a high gear when accelerating at low speed. CEL comes on. I suppose I should call the dealership . Anybody just resolve this issue with a simple oil change? It doesn't happen all the time. But is noticeable immediately when it does!

61 - 63 of 63 Posts