Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
Three bad ass cars being sold and produced at a bad time. Its pretty cool that these cars are available.

The Camaro is a bargain, and pretty good looking as well....not as good looking as the Dodge though :lol:

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,766 Posts
Would you really want to spend an extra 60k for just titanium exhaust, RAYS OEM Nismo wheels, and some carbon accents around the body? You can probably get a regular GT-R for 80k, and spend an extra 10k on some Powerhouse Amuse goodies and have spare change.

·
Altima_shift
'01 Altima
93 Posts
Would you really want to spend an extra 60k for just titanium exhaust, RAYS OEM Nismo wheels, and some carbon accents around the body? You can probably get a regular GT-R for 80k, and spend an extra 10k on some Powerhouse Amuse goodies and have spare change.
It's going to be a better car, and a massive improvement in track times...

rumored to have lost 100KG in weight, better suspension, new roll-cage, all-wheel drive is reprogrammed, high gear boost control device and ceramic brakes

·
straight cash homie
21,898 Posts
It's going to be a better car, and a massive improvement in track times...

rumored to have lost 100KG in weight, better suspension, new roll-cage, all-wheel drive is reprogrammed, high gear boost control device and ceramic brakes
The aftermarket can get you all that for way less than 60k...No point spending more on a tarted up model. I thought the point of this topic was about the Camaro/Stang/Challenger...how the hell is this about the GT-R?...different cars for different folks; wouldn't compare these to the GT-R anyway.

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
Viper FTW!

·
straight cash homie
21,898 Posts
OK....... American MUSCLE SUCKS>.... Naaa I'd take the Dodge any day...
:headbang: Out of these cars, the Dodge would be the last car I'd buy...Even though I drive a Toyota, and likely won't buy another brand (that may change), I'm tired of import fanboyism...its just as stupid as people who'll only buy GM, Ford, Chrysler, and not look at anything else built in the ol' US of A...I'm just saying that the NISMO GT-R is overpriced, though I'm sure it's a sick car.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As much as I hate to admit it but American muscle seems to be a thing of the past. Back in the mid-70'S my favorite car was the 69 Camaro RS/SS with a small block 350 v8. Guys back then had dual Holley 4 barrel carbs, high rise manifold, shorten/posi rearend. Those were the days. Now the big three are trying to do modern interpretations of those cars of the past but now you have other import manufactures who have cars that do things better ( 0-60, 1/4 mile, weight, handling, gas mileage, quality, etc. ). I really hope they do well though because I'm a big american v8 car fan.

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
Now the big three are trying to do modern interpretations of those cars of the past but now you have other import manufactures who have cars that do things better ( 0-60, 1/4 mile, weight, handling, gas mileage, quality, etc. ).
Its hard to beat a two door, rear drive, V8 car. The Camaro (I prefer the G8 GXP) is a bargain and I'm sure a blast to drive....

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,632 Posts
How anyone could buy anything made from Chrysler is beyond me. The Challenger will just end up at the local enterprises where you'll be able to rent them for the cheap.

·
Altima_shift
'01 Altima
93 Posts
How anyone could buy anything made from Chrysler is beyond me. The Challenger will just end up at the local enterprises where you'll be able to rent them for the cheap.
Um as a current employee of Enterprise, I can guarantee we won't be getting any into our fleet. Chargers yes, but usually the 2.7L models, I've only seen one R/T model so far. They are not going to pay out the money for a Challenger as it's a 2 door car, which will have a poor resale value and it's a car that would have a stiff rate to make a profit.

·
the gen 2
1989 Camry
496 Posts
out of the three i would personally buy the Challenger. Closest look to the retro style. i have a 74 challenger so i think it would be kind of neat to see the two side by side in the garage. lol. i have always been a classic mopar fan. (74 challenger and 69 charger R/T sitting in the garage.) but the quality of the american cars and the uncertainty of if they will still be around for too much longer just make we not want to buy one.

·
the gen 2
1989 Camry
496 Posts
yea, i grew up around it. my dad and i actually started to restore my Charger when i was about 12 years old. by the time we were done, i was almost 16 years old. its really cool. i bought the challenger about 2 years ago just to have another restoration project.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts