Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently came across a person who modified his corrolla to make a lip from a Camry fit. I tried to reach out to this guy but had no success. I I think it looks really awesome and I don't know anyone else who has ever done this before besides him and one other guy from Thailand who installed the same lip on a older 9th gen. Obviously this part can be attached to multiple cars from different years I just would like to get some basic understanding about how this is done. I want to install it in my 2010 corolla. I purchased the lip online and am waiting for it to come in the mail. I just cannot find any information online about how to do i. I'm trying to understand how he and how he also connected his fog lights It looks so perfect like it is OEM direct fitment. It cant be that hard? do I need to drill new holes to the bottom of the bumper? Or will I need to use a heat gun to mold the fitment at all?I wish I could find some helpful information about exchanging parts from different model cars but it seems like this is a secret that no one talks about. I have looked all over Google trying to find it with different searches using different terms but I can't find any thread or conversation about it. The 10th gen Camry and Corolla bumpers are virtually identical in shape and size.I don't see this being a problem,here is a photograph of his corolla with it installed. After I get mineguy installed I will post pictures but any helpful suggestions or information that I can look into from anyone would be really helpful thank you.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,877 Posts
I remember when he did this. It looks good, I'm surprised that more people didn't do it. I would just see how it fits when you get it and look at different ways to secure it.

·
Administrator
2006 Corolla XRS
9,517 Posts
It's going to come down to cutting a section out of the lip and then do a bond repair on the 2 halves and smooth out the section that was cutout.

Edit : if your trim is LE, xle, or CE, then the holes will need to be cut for the fog covers to attach to your bumper. The bottom of the lip should align with the stock location on your bumper. If not, then self tapping machine screws would work to attach the bottom of the lip to the bumper.

·
Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
1,002 Posts
I which you placed this a week ago so I can do it to my car 😕

1 - 4 of 4 Posts