Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Camry SEV6
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What will a K&N air filter (not a cold air intake) do for my car? i.e.-horsepower gain when needed? and mileage per gallon gain under normal easy driving? Is it worth spending the money? Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
A K&N drop-in replacement air filter will give you about another 1-4 horsepower depending on application, as well as improved throttle response and acceleration. I know my car got peppier in the lower RPM range when I put a K&N in it. The filter is washable and reusable and backed by our Million Mile Warranty. It's definitely worth the money because it's washable and reusable, so you never have to buy another air filter. Simply clean it every 50,000 miles and it will last 1 Million miles.

Here's the filter you need for your 2010 Toyota Camry V6 http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2326

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
A K&N drop-in replacement air filter will give you about another 1-4 horsepower depending on application, as well as improved throttle response and acceleration. I know my car got peppier in the lower RPM range when I put a K&N in it. The filter is washable and reusable and backed by our Million Mile Warranty. It's definitely worth the money because it's washable and reusable, so you never have to buy another air filter. Simply clean it every 50,000 miles and it will last 1 Million miles.

Here's the filter you need for your 2010 Toyota Camry V6 http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2326
Is K&N ever going to make an intake for the new 2AR-FE motor? (2.5 I4) I only got the drop in filter because that was the only choice I had :facepalm:

·
Registered
64 Posts
An intake system for the 2AR-FE is going to depend on the application the motor is placed in. We have intake systems available for the 4-cylinder Camry all the way back through 2002 and the TCs, so it's likely that we'll develop one for the 2011 with the new motor. It all depends on when our R&D department can get a hold of a vehicle to use in developing the kit and 2011 is the newest of the new, so there aren't a lot of them on the road yet.

If you'd like you can submit a Product Request Form here on our website http://www.knfilters.com/products_needed/default.aspx which informs our R&D department of interest. If/when an intake system is developed, you will receive an email notification and be one of the first people to know about it.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
I have submitted a Product Request Form....and I'm hoping now that the new 2011 tC comes equipped with the 2AR motor that soon there will be an intake out there!

Just another note....the 2AR motor first came out a few years back in the Rav4 and then in 2010 in the Camry. So it has been out for a few years now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ahh yes. Intake system availability depends on application, so even though the 2AR motor was in the Rav4 a few years back the demographic of people that typically drive a Rav4 aren't interested in performance intake systems, which is why an intake system was not designed for that application.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Ahh yes. Intake system availability depends on application, so even though the 2AR motor was in the Rav4 a few years back the demographic of people that typically drive a Rav4 aren't interested in performance intake systems, which is why an intake system was not designed for that application.
I assumed as much, I know Rav's are basically never modded for anything, but like I said, I'm hoping now that the tC is out with the 2AR motor an intake system will be out soon! :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts