Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have a 2010 Corolla LE and regular CDs work fine, but whenever I play an MP3 disc, it takes about 30 seconds to load the CD when I turn the power on, and it takes maybe 5 seconds to skip from one song to the beginning of the next song. It is really frustrating. Is this the way they all work, or is my stereo faulty? I've had so many issues with my car that I don't want to take it in again unless I have to, so that's why I'm asking here. What are your experiences?

Thanks!

PS: I'm not sure if you need any more information than I've given, but I'll go look it up if I need to.

·
Registered
09 Corolla S
2,598 Posts
it does take a bit of time to load the first time but after it reads the disc, it loads a bit faster if i leave it in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it does take a bit of time to load the first time but after it reads the disc, it loads a bit faster if i leave it in there.
Is a bit of time more like 5 seconds or more like 30? I had a Pioneer stereo in my last car that loaded almost instantaneously, so this is rough. I only change the CD every week or so because it has so many albums, but it still takes forever.

·
Registered
629 Posts
do u turn off the deck before shutting off the car or do u leave it on...cuz i noe when i shut the deck off prior to shutting off the car it takes longer than leaving the deck on..but that still takes some time, but ive never been bothered by it...when changing songs, it does take about 5-10 sec because it has to do more things than on a standard cd
BTW....Welcome to TN :thumbsup:

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts
It is kinda slow...and everything everyone already said is what happens to me. The only time I have ever seen it start up instantaneously was on aftermarket HU's and Stock Bose stereo's or something

·
Registered
428 Posts
Mine seems to have no fault at all, maybe because i'm not using the full potential of the disc? My MP3 disc are usually half full only. But i doubt that would be the issue.

·
The Corolla That Could
09 Corolla S
366 Posts
I remember using an mp3 cd before i put my kenwood in. I basically wanted to test it out cause i hadnt used mp3 cd's before. I ended up making a disc with about 30-40 songs on it, and i dont remember ever having any issues with speed or long waits to change the song. I would suggest to the OP (and anybody else) to make a mp3 disc with just a few songs on it, maybe 5-10% of what you normally have in there. see if that makes a difference.

·
It needsa muffler bearing
BlkSnd 10 Corolla S
567 Posts
It's slow.

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts
I remember using an mp3 cd before i put my kenwood in. I basically wanted to test it out cause i hadnt used mp3 cd's before. I ended up making a disc with about 30-40 songs on it, and i dont remember ever having any issues with speed or long waits to change the song. I would suggest to the OP (and anybody else) to make a mp3 disc with just a few songs on it, maybe 5-10% of what you normally have in there. see if that makes a difference.
LOL I have like 90 songs on mine, but then I switched back to my mp3 player for awhile since I drive the 4runner right now and the stock radio doesnt support mp3 cd's .....not until 05 or something

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,777 Posts
I have 3 discs loaded in to my player with 150 MP3 songs on each disc. The discs are full but it changes quickly, within a second. My player is the JBL so maybe that makes a difference with it being a premium upgrade. :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Try that CD in another 10 Corolla with the same radio. Cheaper radio's are cheaper for what reason? Its not because they are better and faster.

·
Registered
2010 Corolla S
427 Posts
it is slow..it all depends on the files you have stored on the mp3 cd and the quality of the cds..like the ones that are on my car are "best" quality so it take a bit..doesnt really bother me..just wished i had the usb stick option

·
It needsa muffler bearing
BlkSnd 10 Corolla S
567 Posts
I highly doubt when they had the radio designed for the corolla, most perspective buyers were not interested in using USB ports or MP3 CD's imo. So the radio is built for standard cd use, fm/am, and aux cord.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts