Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 corolla s and I was wondering if I could put the vvtl-I engine on jdmenginedepot from the celica gts 180hp has 6 speed transmission with it and Ecu it's 2999 my question is would it fit in the hood of the corolla and would there be room to add turbo later on?

·
Owner of much Obsolete
1986 Corolla GT-S
2,286 Posts
Yes it can definitely be done. Are you considering doing it yourself?

Jeff

·
Registered
527 Posts
That would be pretty cool, but with all that work, it sure would be nice to find a supercharged version.

A couple things to consider: 1) Depending on if you have any emissions checking in your state, the car will not be legal. We have emissions checks that plug right into the OBD2 port. This would throw a red flag almost immediately. 2) You will probably have to have 2 new axles manufactured. Nothing outrageous, but costly.

Your car will for the most part, be pretty worthless from a resale point. Unless you REALLY plan on keeping it for a LONG time, sinking this type of money into it is not worth it. If you think about the turbo, you can add the one that will someday maybe come out from TK and get 210 hp right there. Also, you need to find out the gear ratio of the 6 speed in 6th gear vs. the 5 speed in 5th gear and the final drive ratios of both cars. If they are close, you wouldn't even really benefit from the extra gear. It may have been used just to get a heavier car moving faster.

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
It can be done, and there is always room for a turbo. The engine bay is pretty close to the same size as the 9th Gen which stuffed the 2ZZ in there.

As for a turbo, yes it is possible.

Anything is possible with time and money.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Sometimes I wonder why we even bother posting a reply to these 1 post wonders. Like the schmuck that posted this thread. Came on here on 12/25, posted this stupid thread, and has probably never been back. Dude probably couldn't figure out how to change his air filter nevermind replace the engine.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Sometimes I wonder why we even bother posting a reply to these 1 post wonders. Like the schmuck that posted this thread. Came on here on 12/25, posted this stupid thread, and has probably never been back. Dude probably couldn't figure out how to change his air filter nevermind replace the engine.
But there is always slight possibility of someone actually doing it, thats what we all entertain :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well need The Ecu and engine harness for any other Toyota engine swap right ? Or will any fwd Toyota motor plug n play into any Toyota car

·
Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
909 Posts
Well need The Ecu and engine harness for any other Toyota engine swap right ? Or will any fwd Toyota motor plug n play into any Toyota car
Which Toyota do you have?
What are your goals by swapping the engine?
Are just swapping to replace your current broken engine, for another compatible?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,886 Posts
Holy thread revival, Batman!!!! haha

·
Registered
114 Posts
the 2zz engine is interesting, but for the cost of the engine, can also get a running celica GTS or XRS corolla, in which it would be easier to swap a new 2zz, if ever needed...

I think its crazy that he was considering that swap on a 2-3 year old new car!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts