Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble installing an aftermarket radio into my 2010 Corolla S. I don't know much about cars so forgive me for the novice question. I think I've hooked up the new radio properly but there new HU doesn't seem to have any power. Nothing shows up on the display.

During the last couple of months I've been having some issues with the stock radio and I'm wondering if these issues could be related. Several times the display on my radio has just gone blank. The radios sound and controls would function correctly but the display wouldn't work. Last week the display seemed to be scrambled but the radio still functioned in all other aspects.

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I checked the fuses. Turns out that one of the audio fuses was blown. I changed the fuse but that hasn't fixed the problem. I thought maybe the new unit I bought was just faulty so I tried hooking up the old OEM radio and that doesn't work anymore either. There also isn't any power to the clock or cigarette outlet.

I checked every single fuse and they are all fine.

Any other suggestions?

·
Official TN Lurker
846 Posts
Sounds like the accessory fuse is blown now, did you check the fuses in the cabin under the dash? Also the one in the back of the new radio as far as the CD I'm not sure, it may be the radios cooling fan. Mine makes some noise after it is on from the fan.

Sent from the mother ship

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.