Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dealer says the 2010 Tacoma will be offered with the new 4.6 V8 along with a six speed transmission. It's aluminum and is rated at over 300 in both hp and torque. Has anyone heard of this? I'd be interested in one, but can't find anything on the web. Just a rumor?

·
Registered
2005 Tacoma
337 Posts
thats been rumored for a while now it all stared with the SEMA Tacoma that used the V8 a couple of years ago.
Who knows maybe it is finally going to come true.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Just get a supercharger.
304 HP and 334 lbs torque and get better MPGs.
I doubt you'll see a V8 Tacoma.
The truck is by far the #1 seller in it's class.No need for Toyota to change things.

·
Registered
109 Posts
First of all, you trusted something that came out of your dealer's mouth??

Second.. . . . . not gonna happen anytime soon.

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
crock of bs, he just wants you to come back so that you can buy another vehicle from him. Joe B is right, the truck sells because of its reliability and better fuel economy. Not to mention, if you put a V8 in there and its just going to kill its Tundra sales. Toyota already has a V8 truck, they won't do two.

·
Registered
586 Posts
crock of bs, he just wants you to come back so that you can buy another vehicle from him.
So according to you he wants him to come back and buy a car that doesn't exist? Makes a lot of sense. I regularly tell customers about products that are coming that aren't real. I love explaining how I lied to them for shits and giggles. Please.

·
Registered
46 Posts
....i'm gonna be pissed if this is true lol
haha Thats what I was thinking ... I'm hoping that when Tacoma changes the body style it wont look any better than the current :clap:

·
Registered
06 TRD Sport 4x4
1,459 Posts
The 4.7l is a solid engine and gas mileage isn't very different from the 4.0l V6. I would love to see this engine in the Tacoma. My brother has an '05 4Runner with a 4.7l and he easily gets 17-18mpg plus he can tow his ski boat with ease.

·
Premium Member
02 DubCab 4x4
3,009 Posts
The 4.7l is a solid engine and gas mileage isn't very different from the 4.0l V6. I would love to see this engine in the Tacoma. My brother has an '05 4Runner with a 4.7l and he easily gets 17-18mpg plus he can tow his ski boat with ease.
our 2006 4runner v6 4x4 averages 22-23mpg.......and she has plenty of power when you need it.

a decent v8 engine should easily get 21mpg in a tacoma though..... hell, chevy can do it!!!!

·
Tacoma Rocks
1,742 Posts
My dealer says the 2010 Tacoma will be offered with the new 4.6 V8 along with a six speed transmission. It's aluminum and is rated at over 300 in both hp and torque. Has anyone heard of this? I'd be interested in one, but can't find anything on the web. Just a rumor?
ABout time for a six speed auto.
As for the V8, :naughty:, but who knows :confused:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am a tech at a toyota dealer and after talking to a few people the 4.6L is being put into production in only the 2010 Tundra and Seqoiua's ( not sure on 4runners) to replace the 2UZ(4.7). They are just doing this because the 2UZ is about 10 years old. It has about 40 more horsepower and 15 more ft/lbs of torque. There is no talk of offering it in the tacoma for 2010. In 2011, they may stop offering the 1GR(4.0) in the tundras because the gas milage of the V6 and the new 4.6 should be about the same so there will be no point. This information technically just applys to the central atlantic region but im sure it is pretty uniform across the board.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts