Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have a Toyota corolla 2010 CE with 240.000KM on it. I hear a roaring/humming noise in the right side of the car, I have replaced the bearing as some said it's the bearing that makes the noise. But, that was not the issue as the noise is still here.

I have lifted the car, inspected the tire, and all other stuff, nothing can be seen to be a problem.
I hear the noise and feel it when you are in the car from your leg and body. A friend says could be a mount, would that be true?

The transmission fluid is ok and clean, the gear shifts are fine too, someone else was saying could be the axel, but I do not know that?

Any other causes? Any ideas? Thanks for any advise and help from this forum!

Best,

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
9,113 Posts
You have to diagnose what the noise is. You can't just use random people's assumption on a forum to fix your issues. If your people has inspected it you have a better chance but don't just take assumptions. I recommend taking it to a shop.

·
Slow AF
2012 Matrix
311 Posts
I second vamgm25 idea with going to a shop. A video might help diagnose your issues but a shop would help you more.

Maybe the pads on that side are dragging or your tire on that side is getting worn more and is starting to get noisy?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I second vamgm25 idea with going to a shop. A video might help diagnose your issues but a shop would help you more.

Maybe the pads on that side are dragging or your tire on that side is getting worn more and is starting to get noisy?
Thanks for your comment, I will check that and see how the pads and tire are. I have checked but will do that again!

The noise is only in the right side when driving, it does in all speeds, it's like a wind or airplain noise coming from that tire. Today, when lifted with the mechanic, he did not hear nor see from outside, but when you come into the car, you feel the roaring noise. I don't know how to describe! He said come back tomorrow and see if another expert takes a look.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to diagnose what the noise is. You can't just use random people's assumption on a forum to fix your issues. If your people has inspected it you have a better chance but don't just take assumptions. I recommend taking it to a shop.
Thanks for your comment, I have checked, 3 people have road tested. None could tell what's it! that's why I am here sir :)

·
Slow AF
2012 Matrix
311 Posts
Thanks for your comment, I will check that and see how the pads and tire are. I have checked but will do that again!

The noise is only in the right side when driving, it does in all speeds, it's like a wind or airplain noise coming from that tire. Today, when lifted with the mechanic, he did not hear nor see from outside, but when you come into the car, you feel the roaring noise. I don't know how to describe! He said come back tomorrow and see if another expert takes a look.
Just a bit of a stretch here but are you certain it's the drivetrain making the noise. Maybe your missing some splash guards or something under the car and it's causing turbulence and noise?

My grille on my matrix whistles but you tend to hear it more on the passanger side.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a bit of a stretch here but are you certain it's the drivetrain making the noise. Maybe your missing some splash guards or something under the car and it's causing turbulence and noise?

My grille on my matrix whistles but you tend to hear it more on the passanger side.
will check that but I do not think that this make the noise, it's more on the suspension parts

·
Administrator
2006 Corolla XRS
9,520 Posts
Sometimes a visual inspection will not reveal much.

If the bearing is failing, there would by play in the hub.

A roar can be anything. Tire type, road type, or a whole bunch of things.

Video will help a lot here, but it could be in your mind. Your mind will be fixated on certain sounds from before. You think it's there, but it might not actually be there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bearings may go bad as they age ... then they become noisy
I have replaced the bearing of that side, still have the noise! what I am worried about is that the guys who pressed the bearing may have damaged the bearing itself or maybe something else is bad. I will have to open it again somewhere better!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sometimes a visual inspection will not reveal much.

If the bearing is failing, there would by play in the hub.

A roar can be anything. Tire type, road type, or a whole bunch of things.

Video will help a lot here, but it could be in your mind. Your mind will be fixated on certain sounds from before. You think it's there, but it might not actually be there.
Thanks for your comment, yet, it can be anything. we lifted again today, could not find any! The tires are Pirelli Found Seasons, they have lots fo tread left on. No signs of wear or anything. I may try to rotate and see!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bearings may go bad as they age ... then they become noisy
I have replaced the bearing of that side, still have the noise! what I am worried about is that the guys who pressed the bearing may have damaged the bearing itself or maybe something else is bad. I will have to open it again somewhere better!
I did not mean “the wheel bearings” in this case... I meant the bearing of the idler pulley, alternator pulley, water pump pulley, ... they are all on the right hand side

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh my god , I have written the right side while it's the left :( Sorry all, the noise comes form the left, sorry again for misunderstanding!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did not mean “the wheel bearings” in this case... I meant the bearing of the idler pulley, alternator pulley, water pump pulley, ... they are all on the right hand side
Oh my god , I have written the right side while it's the left :( Sorry all, the noise comes form the left, sorry again for misunderstanding!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts