Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hello Again,

I have rotated the tires, the noise is still there. A mechanic drove the car and said it's the wind noise that comes from the tread of the tire.

The one that replaced the bearing said it's the bearing that's bad as it is an economy one. He said the premium are better and try it. My problem with his claim is that the new ones should last a while then start making the noise.

I do not know what to do,
No issues with the suspension, the tires good. Can rotors or pads make that? They are good and quite, the passenger side is completely fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Update:
The new bearing that is on is not good enough, I drove in the highway and went up a ramp, it made a noise more than ever. I will try a better one tomorrow and see if it eliminates the noise-humming/roaring!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
You might want to try this way Front Left Loaded Steering Knuckle this time if your doing it yourself.
No need to get the bearing pressed in.
The mechanic opened the bearing again, checked it and sounded good and no noise. When we put it back, the same noise. I just left sadly and I do not know what to do about it! My 1st experiences with Toyota going very bad.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Guys, could it be the transmission? Do those cars' trans get out? I was thinking about doing a drain refill as I got the car recently. I am worried about it really!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So, the bearing on the left that was changed is good, i checked it again by another mechanic. The ABS light came on twice while paring and idling on the parking lot, I told the mechanic, he hooked up with the scanner and said it's the same sensor from the left that you guys changed the bearing on.
Now, could that sensor be damaged or its the bearing that is not quality that the magnet does not meet the standards so the light came on? I bought it 35$ CAD which is economy.
He reset the codes, it had that code and pedal idle switch code as well, so he reset those and i have had no codes again. Would that be an issue before or started when I have changed the bearing!!? I feel like that the 1st mechanic messed my car! I need a quality bearing from the dealer.

I really like the car but it gives me issues :) I have ordered the timing chain kit so I would change them to be away from the rattle noise of the start up in the morning. A mechanic said even if you change it, it would do the same noise and it's normal for Toyotas. I said no, it's not normal, the noise comes from a loosen timing chain.

since I do those repairs, i will also try to drain and refill the transmission fluid. I called Toyota, they said take 4 bottles and do the drain and refill. Does that help the trans? Is it recommended to do or a flush?

Thanks all again,

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Camry, 2017 Toyota Camry, and many many more lol
284 Posts
It sounds like your bearings may have been damaged on install. Did the person use air tools to tighten it like they shouldn’t have? Or did the place that pressed it bend it or damage it somehow?

·
Registered
09 Corolla Base 17 Camry SE
2,473 Posts
With that kind of mileage I would do a drain & fill, not a flush. Measure what you drain out and put the same amount of new fluid back in. If fluid seems really dirty do another drain & fill in a few hundred miles. Made a difference on mine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It sounds like your bearings may have been damaged on install. Did the person use air tools to tighten it like they shouldn’t have? Or did the place that pressed it bend it or damage it somehow?
That is a really good question, I had the guy open it again to see how it roles. We took it out and it was fine, so he put it back and said it's normal and all good. The noise is still there!
He does not seem bad and a good mechanic, but his press is small that you put the bearing on and move it back in forth. It is not that professional press. But, he did replace.
He used air to open the screws and the stuff, but pressed for the bearing taking out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
With that kind of mileage I would do a drain & fill, not a flush. Measure what you drain out and put the same amount of new fluid back in. If fluid seems really dirty do another drain & fill in a few hundred miles. Made a difference on mine.
Thank you sir for your recommendation and nice words

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Camry, 2017 Toyota Camry, and many many more lol
284 Posts
That is a really good question, I had the guy open it again to see how it roles. We took it out and it was fine, so he put it back and said it's normal and all good. The noise is still there!
He does not seem bad and a good mechanic, but his press is small that you put the bearing on and move it back in forth. It is not that professional press. But, he did replace.
He used air to open the screws and the stuff, but pressed for the bearing taking out.
I have seen them press them in backwards so there is a chance that happened too it has even happened to us professionals especially when it doesn’t say which side goes where and then we realize afterwards

21 - 34 of 34 Posts