Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaning up, noticed my (question ) fuel line, is about shot, the link provided is the part I need Guess this will be my first DIY one for this am I correct that is the rusted out one I need? thanks? any advice, suggestions on it be happy to listen to

FISH

·
Registered
2010 Corolla Altis XRS
97 Posts
Yes this is the item you will need, you might want to take off the fuel cap....whatever stored pressure will relieve off, thus you wont have much of spillage.I also see other metal clamps and bolts quite rusted.....My own Corolla is still quite new and all nuts and bands are not rusted.....but in my other vehicle ( SUV ) i simply just spray a light coat of WD40...it keeps everything coated and protected from the elements.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. @ztaki appreciate the advice, I hear ya about the gas pressure and lubing of the engine bay I do spay the area with selicone lube, today wd-40 is also that to? great tip.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,877 Posts
After seeing this picture it made me look at my engine! Luckily no rust!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking on-line for the Part number, must be me missing the sites trying to find it.

Yes just a lil (lol) time to change it out.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
9,101 Posts
Not much luck. A good idea is to take as many pictures as you can and see what the dealer has. If it is this rusted, it is possible the parts people has ordered it multiple times before so they may know what part number it is.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not much luck. A good idea is to take as many pictures as you can and see what the dealer has. If it is this rusted, it is possible the parts people has ordered it multiple times before so they may know what part number it is.
thank you. I only need one photo. the one that matches the image of Ebay would do. i am sure the part will cost every bit of $159.00

·
Registered
09 Corolla Base 17 Camry SE
2,473 Posts
I'm thinking it has something to do with vacuum rather than fuel.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,877 Posts
imagine not knowing what was not under that cover Lol, that shocked me to see how bad it got.
I've had my cover off plenty of times but I had to make sure after seeing yours. Mine looks clean and new after 12 years and 109k miles. :)

Reactions: fishycomics

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've had my cover off plenty of times but I had to make sure after seeing yours. Mine looks clean and new after 12 years and 109k miles. :)
well that is the difference with ours and mine (no offense) MIne went through Hell and back, all the elemients and seasons. Still looking for the part Number, the one posted is a persons own tag. not the actual part.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brake vacuum Hose sorry I was incorrectly wrong:

Thanks All: Known as a vacuem piping, if one mentioned that, in person i was told this part if it is that part, will be a order, costing $60.00 plus tax. Looking at part numbers, it tells me the part to change out and the pricing, i hpe this can help others out as well. once the correct part and paper was in hand the rest was easy Lol. thanks all for the advice and help, will keep all posted, rusted or not.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,877 Posts
well that is the difference with ours and mine (no offense) MIne went through Hell and back, all the elemients and seasons. Still looking for the part Number, the one posted is a persons own tag. not the actual part.
Can't you just go to a Toyota dealer and ask the parts counter? That's what I would do if I couldn't find it.

Reactions: stvotw and Vangm25

·
Diehard Rams Fan
21,877 Posts
All parts ordered. will think about that?
Good to see that you figured it out. I didn't look at the rest of the posts before I replied to your earlier response.

Reactions: fishycomics

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can't you just go to a Toyota dealer and ask the parts counter? That's what I would do if I couldn't find it.
Lol (not at you) I went over, got the print out,and ordered online, paid a lot less, then the retail they were charging? If these are just hoses that the pipe is joining I could have matched up some aftermarkets and used some connections. for a lot less, since its routed near the engines top, best to keep original? the parts will be here when the weather cools down, I even corrected the topics title Lol

thanks SuperchargedMR2, my line will look New now ha ha ha

1 - 20 of 25 Posts